Why so angry?

by woodland 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• shamus
    shamus

Very true, Woodland. Very true....

I hate the WTBTS because they lied to me... nothing more. However, I share the blame, too. I got suckered into it, and it is not all their fault... it's mine. I was not "born" into it... so, some of that anger is directed right back toward me.

Brian.

• woodland
    woodland

Live and learn!!!

x

• jwbot
    jwbot

"Mizpah: I must say that I no longer follow ?Christian? principles, as I am no longer a Christian. But, I do have morals. I know my family find it very difficult because I am happy, true to myself, and honest (more honest than when I was a witness). I know in some ways it?s easier for witnesses if they think the ones that has left are unhappy, and unsatisfied, as it gives them hope that their loved ones may return. It?s quite sad really!!!"

woodland: You are right on target! I am more happy know than I have ever been. Being in the org had proved to be very bad on my mental health. Now that I am out, I am happy, successful and becoming educated. I think because of that, more people feel they have to shun me because I am not depressed enough...that is their punishment, because seeing how "bad the worldly life is" is not working...because I have met wonderful people, families, and I can see the good in everyone. I will not become a drug dealer, or prostitute, or have multiple abortions, or get HIV like they would want to happen, and what they THINK ALWAYS happens... It IS very sad.

• mizpah
    mizpah

woodland:

If one lives a "moral life" one is following "Christian principles" whether one professes Christianity or not. Granted, there is more involved to be a Christian. A Christian also accepts Christ as a savior and redeemer. My prayer for you and all who have left the organization and rejected Christ is that in your search you may once again consider the Christian faith without the trappings of an organization like the Watchtower Society.

I wish you well in whatever course you take.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Jesus taught love for each other. The Watchtower actually teaches hate. Hatred of other religions, hatred of those who turn away from the WTS, hatred towards those who make money, hatred of large corporations other than themselves, hatred of politics, etc.

Teaching that they are the only way, and all others will be destroyed.

But you know what? Fine, everyone believe what they want. I have no problem with that. But don't destroy friendships and families. A true witness believer must alienate those around you that love you, and want to spend time with you, if they don't follow the teachings.

Ok, some will make the arguement, that the WTS doesn't care if you hang around your "wordly" relatives. Well, they sure don't advocate it do they? And God forbid if one of your friends or relatives turn their back on the WTS, then you cannot have anything to do with them.

The fact is, they want everyone to go to the meetings, and do so much witness activities from meeting attendance, to service, to studying, that they don't want you to have a life outside the organization. No time for tv, friends, family, nothing. Bury that head in the sand, only listen to them. They will make all decisions for you. Medical, who to hang with, who to marry, even telling you to watch out for the other brother and sisters, for they may actually not be very good association, though they are a witness.

Do I hear CULT?

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

"Children begin by loving their parents. After a time they judge them. Rarely, if ever, do they forgive them." Oscar Wilde.

This seems to be an analogy for the relationship with the WTS for many here.

There is another thread about forgiveness that seems to be pretty darned hard*ss to me... which I think also taps into anger.

I suggest that much of this anger comes from people expecting to be valued, both by individuals and by the group, and discovering that this expectation is unfulfilled. It is only human to want to be valued, and also human to want to be valued enough to influence other's actions. It's ironic that by holding onto hate, we hold onto the connection.

"Hate is not the opposite of love - apathy is. The opposite of will is not indecision . . . but being uninvolved, detached, unrelated to the significant events."

"Joy, rather than happiness, is the goal of life, for joy is the emotion which accompanies our fulfilling our natures as human beings. It is based on the experience of one's identity as a being of worth and dignity."

Rollo May.

• woodland
    woodland

mizpah : I don?t mean to be argumentative, but please explain how living a moral life means that one is following Christian principles (You?re obviously from the Western world). Buddhism, Islam and Hinduism teach morals without the need for Jesus.

I think there is no need for you to pray that I find Jesus. I?m sure if he exists, he?ll find me!

I?ll tell you one thing though, Jesus or no Jesus, we?re all going to die. Plain and simple? there is no redemption or ?savoir? that can stop that!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit