The Shunning truth is now out...

by babygirl30 24 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

Please friends don't forget shunning is a two edged sword. I have read of so many folks shunned for years who suddenly become important the day the shunners want to put elderly folks into care, ( $$$$) or go begging the shunned ones for more of the same $$$. It is here one practices tough love and suggest they go to their elders for money.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Back in the day, they were proud of the fact that they ostracized ex-members, and were happy to confirm it to "the world". Now, though? It's like pulling teeth.

Hell, they've gotten to the point where nothing they say to outsiders can be fully trusted.

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• jambon1
    jambon1

This is what I think all the time.

How bad is it that you have to lie to yourself and others so as to make your beliefs more acceptable.

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

It would be interesting to hear what happens at the next reunion if someone brings up the shunning video. What will your JW rellies say in response to accusations that their cult advocates such hatefulness? What mental contortions and twisted BS will they spout to try to deny it? I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that reunion.

It was disgusting how they basically slandered you with their excuses as to why they shunned you, painting you as a bad person. They'll not come out looking too good at the next reunion and you might have created some family drama, but good on you! You were well justified to show their hatefulness, lies and hypocrisy.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Just watched the full video for the first time.

What a whiney little bitch..... Out for 15 years and just wants a hug from mom and dad.

It is not her fault though, jw parents are awesome at creating young adults w/ little or no self worth.

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit