The Shunning truth is now out...

by babygirl30 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

I guess I've been lucky - my JW family members wouldn't dare shun me (Inactive™, not DFd) with Worldly™ family members present. They are so desperate that the non-JWs regard them as "normal" that they pretend not to be fanatics.

• just fine
    just fine

That's how my family is too - Scully. They always try to act normal in front of my never a witness husband, because he wouldn't understand about shunning. 😀

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

So little self awareness on their part.

They just make it so easy...

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Since I'm not actually DF'd, my JW family can act "normally" around me at family reunions, the rest of my family has no idea that they ignore me every other day of the year.

No Apologies

• jambon1
    jambon1

Not the same but similar.

One of the main reasons behind me leaving the religion was shunning. Over the last ten years I've told any witnesses who will listen that this is my reason for leaving and on every occasion I've been confronted with denial and lies that the society don't teach people to shun their kids.

I would relate experiences that I'd read and still, I was faced with denial. "No, no, that isn't the policy", etc, etc. It lead to quite a number of heated debates with my wife and other witnesses that I'm still close to - there is nothing worse than being told you are objecting to something that has been exaggerated and misrepresented by 'apostates'.

Since the convention I've been completely vindicated and it feels not only brilliant to be reaffirmed in my objection to this deplorable policy, but it feels fucking tremendous to now see the realisation on the faces of those who tried to paint me as a bitter ex witness who exaggerated or lied about disfellowshipping and the extent that witnesses were to go to in terms of family etc.

Theres nowhere to run for them now and I'm deeply grateful (genuinely) that the society confirmed what most of us who aren't doing mental gymnastics about our beliefs, already knew.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I am really interested to know what your famalam say about the cult video.

At the risk of sounding all 'hippy'; the JWs think they know love but it's actually hate that they are feeding on. Hate only makes more hate. Only love can possibly dissipate hate.

It's a darned shame your JW family are feeding on hatred from the GB popes.

• Sevan
    Sevan

Hey we got shunned by my husband's super self-righteous brother without even being inactive. We simply weren't doing enough in his estimation, so he has been shunning us. He still hasn't even laid eyes on my 7 month old son and he only lives 2 hours away.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Can someone post the title of the video (or part of the program) the OP refers to?

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

https://youtu.be/ZZN1L46mJQs

There is the link to the video.

I have had several family members respond back, but this one aunt warmed my heary and made me feel so good aout exposing my parents..

"Sweetheart, your mother & father's mind is f*cked up royally. Anybody that would let a religion disassociate their relationship with their children will go to hell as far as I'm concerned. The bible says all mankind has to do is repent & ask for forgiveness for their sins so they still have a chance to enter the kingdom of heaven. God knows I sure wish something would knock some sense into them.

No matter what they do or say just know that nobody else in the family feels like that regarding any of our nieces or nephews. We love all of you."
  • daringhart13
    daringhart13

Thousands of JW's watched that video and got absolutely nothing out of it.

They then went into the parking lot and drove to a local buffet.

They spoke about the convention and how encouraging it was......all the while, not able to share one new educational fact.

The next day........... they went to work.....and their brain said "what convention?'

Thus, the District Conventions of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit