• ozziepost
    ozziepost

However.......................

the Borg was wrong back then

and it's wrong today!

Ozzie

• larc
    larc

Hey Gary, do you believe that the Judge had a mistress? To do such, is a greater offense than smoking cigars. If you are in doubt, I will start a separate thread for the benefit of you and others.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I had thought the Judge smoked too but it was just gossip I guess. I once made the statement to Jim Penton that Rutherford smoked, and he challenged me to find the proof. He said if I did, he would print it in the next version of Apocalypse Delayed. I have asked everyone who I see refer to him smoking like I did with min, and so far no one has any proof for me to take to Jim.

I don't know about the mistress thing. I have never looked into it. This judge smoking thing is just a personal thing with Jim Penton and I going back to the mid 90's.

I did talk to a Gilead graduate of the first class who personally knew Rutherford and she said he smoked and had seen a picture of him standing next to one of his Cadillacs with a cigar in his hand but I have not been able to locate the picture or any real proof.

Sorry to take up space on your thread with this. I have enjoyed the thread, Thanks for starting it. GaryB

• larc
    larc

Well Gary, I do know about the mistress thing, inside and out. It is very true, believe me. I can provide the evidence. It can not be dismissed. It is a fact.

• larc
    larc

By the way Gary, there is no reason for you to know anything about this. Almost no one does, but I know. I know, probably more than anyone on this subject. And, I can prove all if it. Would you like to read the evidence????????

• Undecided
    Undecided

I remember those days well, I go back to the 40's and there were no KHs around here. We met in a room in someone's home. It was more of a family thing back then, there would be two or three families which included cousins, aunts, uncles etc. We went to assemblies in big cities for 8 days, which we would never have seen if it weren't for the conventions. We would do street work on Saturdays, remember the shoulder bags that held the mags that were made of cloth and had the Watchtower picture on the front?

In the 50s we dated worldly girls, it wasn't recommended but we did it anyway and got away with it. We could play sports in school and participate in the school plays and bands etc. We knew just about every JW in the state. The meetings were held at 3:00 on Sundays and we went in service in the morning. I remember the charts too with all the stats for the congregation in the front of the hall.

I won't say anymore since I have to get to bed, I was up at 3am to go with my daughter to the hospital for a hysterectomy and I have to keep Emily this week untill she recovers. She is doing OK after the operation.

Ken P.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yes Larc, Thanks!

• one
    one

Ban on smoking < 1970 (went into effect before 1970)

More disfellowshipping after 1970 was due to more rules,

greater membership and general family breakdown.

BUT imo, a ttitude of members really changed after "1975". Members lost respect, it was too much..., the whole movement lost its motive and foundation.

Then new light was published during 1995

about the 1914 ?generation?, at the right time.

After Freddy?s death.

20 years after their major mistake.

And just long eunogh before the new millennium.

Extended ?short memory? problems may be affecting the loyal old timers.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Im only 35 so Im only remembering up to the 1970's when we had disco parties and such. But by the mid 80's it changed to pioneer, pioneer, pioneer. So I ended up pioneering, doing 90 hours a month. But after a few years I started asking myself what was I doing? I never brought anyone into the truth via door to door service, and in fact any studies I did have were referred to me by others in the congregation. Our territory was very small so we knocked on the same peoples homes weekly. So half of our time was done as streetwork, standing in a wolf pack of four holding our plastic holder with magazines like cigar store indians while we spoke on everything from the latest gossip in the hall to the newest Aliens movie!

Of course as a youth it was study, study, study! What a waste of time! I dreaded circuit overseer visits because everything was done on Saturday! Field service in the morning, book study in the afternoon, and then Watchtower study as a family at night. And family study was a tortuous ordeal that I would not wish on any enemy! A average Watchtower family study lasted 2 and half hours, maybe more. We looked up every scripture. Everyword we did not know was looked up in the Websters and sometimes we looked up every scripture and read them in other bible translations!

What a horro show! Upon turning 19 I left home and the truth to escape this torture!!

• avishai
    avishai

Welcome, got my forty homey!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit