Big Announcement in Montreal

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Any thing that means that they are selling kindom halls off is a good thing

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Just a thought:

Most JW's don't know the big picture of the organization they belong to. Why, does the organization announce these closures if they are having financial difficulties or are doing something underhanded?

It seems to me that halls could be closed here and there and only the ones attending them and a few surrounding ones a would know about it.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Confirmed : Westmount and Lakeshore ( metro Montreal congs.) closing !

• millie210
    millie210

Spiral - millie210, sorry, I hit my mouse and accidentally gave you a dislike. Please disregard that.@waton, yes, the bOrg has often rearranged congregations in an effort to break up cliques, the kind that cause trouble. I can remember back in the day the CO rearranging the congregations, but the powerful/popular ones just disregarded the "direction" and went to the congregation they wanted to go to. Everything was back as it was before the rearrangement within six months. Now, with the sale of KHs added in, that would be much harder.
    I think a lot of people will just quit going if it's too hard. Things aren't what they once were, and the bOrg just really isn't much "fun" anymore, even for the devoted.

Thanks Spiral,

Perhaps for some, this will be their opportunity to fall through the cracks so to speak!

• waton
    waton
    Confirmed : Westmount and Lakeshore ( metro Montreal congs.) closing ! I2

Both Prime minister Trudeau's and former PM Brian Mulroney's family residences are there, so slimmer pickings for wt & TdG potentially among the bright stars acknowledged there.

PS: or is there another trend, even if unintended, getting rid of prestigious names? somewhere else: from ""oceanside" and " paradise valley" to " hill view" for example? ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit