The Life of Pioneers...

by The Bethelite 15 Replies latest jw friends

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

I don't know why but sometimes like to check up my old/self righteous friend, Gary Kennedy from Bethel on Face Book....He is a pioneer in Ecuador. Yes and just like most pioneers he likes to brag on his selfless life style. He is serving the Lord my sitting at home and writing out thousands of letters long hand all day long to count his time. Day after day writing the same "come to Jesus" message everyday. Who knows maybe like Jack Nicholson in "The Shinning" the letters will turn into "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!"

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The postage must be horrid. And here we were informally counciled on flag stamps. So much for neutrality. I use xmas ones

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Why does this picture of all those letters remind me of Santa Claus.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

No words to describe this insanity. So we have to write letters, stamp it and post them to let the people know that there is a god.

Do we write letters to people telling them, that the sun Exists ? NOPE

Do we write letters to people telling them that gravity Exists ? NOPE.

THen why for GOD ?

For the past 10 months, I have been fed up buying stamps and postal covers for my JW wife.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Funny your right I didn't notice. Flag stamps!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    road to nowherean hour ago

The postage must be horrid. And here we were informally counciled on flag stamps. So much for neutrality. I use xmas ones

I wonder if they realise in Chile that they have no problem with flying the national flag on KH grounds.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I reversed this strategy - I knew at some point I was going to be put into the congregation catapult. Not wanting to allow them to disfellowship me, given they are not Christian, I set about disfellowshipping the Governing Body. Having done so succesfully (yes even if they don't realise it) I then prepared for the elders who were not even slightly bothered that I had df'd the GB. But they were uttertly fed up with me for putting up a YouTube showing that a local congregation had thrown out a faithful elderly sister who had done nothing wrong.

For this I got called to a judicial - so I sent about 50 letters out to the congregation explaining everything. As one elder put it - "they don't like having the rug pulled from under them."

I've still got the rug and I'm not giving it back. :)

• Biahi
    Biahi

What a shitty life! So glad I’m out. Bethelite, you have a pm.

• OnTheOutside
    OnTheOutside

My JW spouse tells me to get stamps with birds or flowers on them. No flag stamps! Whatever.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The letter I got was typed and no doubt photo-copied with a first name and signature all copied .

And at the end of the letter a QR code with flowers on diagonal corners and "What is God`s Kingdom"

Christendom has only been preaching this for the past 2000 years ? and these johnny come latelys who have poached their members off Christendom try to sell us something different ?

I don`t think so .

I said as much in my reply.

Funny thing is I never heard back from her , JW`s give up so easily.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit