They Did It!!!

by snowbird 58 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Everything is scary, if you don't understand it.

LOLz.

Maybe that explains the actions of so many GOP congressmen.

They were afraid they wouldn't understand it, so they didn't bother to read it (and proudly bragged that they had not read it. "No, I just got back from baseball practice." Alrighty then!).

• snowbird
    snowbird

Not to mention the arm twisting from President Trump.

"You DO wanna keep that seat, right ... ?"

"Then let ME worry about what it contains,YOU just get over there and VOTE!"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Slightly off topic but I think the Canadian Single Payer system would be the best for the United States.

Correct as in most other countries with universal government sponsored health care.

The reason why the cost of medical health care rose so high in the US is because the system milked the private insurance companies for what they could get, therefore those insurance companies had to implement strict regulations onto who they would cover.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Oh I know is back in the 80's when my wife and I was young with two children the Republicans gave the rich a big tax cuts and then penalized married family with kids with higher taxes. Now the Republicans in this new bill want to penalized older ones between 55-65 with higher premiums as much as 5 times. So thank-you Republicans for screwing my wife and twice in our lifetime. Still Totally ADD

• never a jw
    never a jw

The high cost of medical care correlates with the big awards in civil courts related to medical malpractice and drugs that produced more problems than solutions. Add to that the retirement of the biggest generation, the baby boomers. We Americans are quite ready to demand millions for our suffering, while pretending not to know that it is our neighbor and family members who ultimately will pay for those millions awarded in the U.S. courts. Politicians can not fix the high cost of healthcare and they know it, but found it as an opportunity to score political points by ranting about the other party ill advised policies.

• kpop
    kpop
    No, everything is scary if you live in a state like Alabama that takes pride in defying the Federal government.

Well then on that we can agree! It is our duty to defy the Federal gov. I personally think the Fed is the problem of most things. Leave everything up to the states to decide and there would be far less problems. Instead, we continue to get big gov oversight into our personal lives.

• kpop
    kpop
    The high cost of medical care correlates with the big awards in civil courts related to medical malpractice and drugs that produced more problems than solutions. Add to that the retirement of the biggest generation, the baby boomers. We Americans are quite ready to demand millions for our suffering, while pretending not to know that it is our neighbor and family members who ultimately will pay for those millions awarded in the U.S. courts. Politicians can not fix the high cost of healthcare and they know it, but found it as an opportunity to score political points by ranting about the other party ill advised policies.

Indeed. As I said in my first statement, this bill is not a fix by any means but Obamacare has go to go. Take the entire healthcare system apart and rebuild. Impose huge fines and long prison time for those who commit insurance fraud. Create an online taskforce where one can anonymously report insurance fraud and welfare fraud and the like. Many doctors are committing fraud as well. Everyone is milking the system and that has got to end.

• snowbird
    snowbird

You misunderstood, K.

I meant Alabama often defies the Federal government at the expense of the poor.

I live in an extremely impoverished area, so I know of what I speak.

• kpop
    kpop
    You misunderstood, K.
    I meant Alabama often defies the Federal government at the expense of the poor.
    I live in an extremely impoverished area, so I know of what I speak.

Oh! Well then, that's not good.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Hopefully, we see more growth of ACO's (accountable care organizations).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit