They Did It!!!

by snowbird 58 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

But two years in Canada... is that really living??? lmao

• bohm
    bohm

Well, the reason why the US healthcare system is so screwed is because of the law; after all, it is pretty much the same "big pharma" countries that operate everywhere in the world. Therefore, going back to "The US healthcare system is screwed so what law is in effect doesn't matter" is not exactly fixing anything.

Obamacare had consequences, and so will the AHCA... what those consequences are is difficult to say because the legislative process was sped up so nobody would be able to learn about them in full but it seems like it will mean a lot of people will lose coverage.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Its not gone - the Senate will need to pass it and that will be hard.

And the only good that would come of it is if you are an Insurance Company or Rich.

Healthcare organizations - from AARP to the AMA all say this is a bad bad idea for people.

Just remember - the GOP has never had the interest of anyone other than Giant Corporations in their cold black hearts.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Freemindfade: "But you got some serious pharma fat asses rolling in dough."

At least we agree on one thing. One of my medications was charged at $1,000 per month. I blew a fuse when I saw that even though I wasn't paying for it. I thought of having the doctor prescribe me generic but, when I saw the price for that at $600, I decided to go off of it. It wasn't too effective any way.

Next they'll be billing you for a cup of water at the hospital. Ten bucks?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Life expectancy is 90 for women, 84 for men on the island of Okinawa.

Just sayin.'

• bohm
    bohm

ttdtt: One can hope, but it seems that people in the know are insistent it will only need 50 votes in the senate due to the reconciliation process provided the right magic spells are said.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

At least we agree on one thing.

It's a tug of war, and the patients are the ones who get screwed. Providers rely on billing to make money, regulators ride the providers for being wasteful, it becomes challenging for some providers to makes money, while some get rich f-ckiing the system. The reason America has so many laws for Fraud, Waste, and Abuse is they make it so lucrative. Everyone is pulling in different directions, and the cut-throats are the only ones who benefit.

• bohm
    bohm

I think the analysis for why the US system is so screwed is pretty simple.

Since healthcare is a for-profit business, the companies which offer healthcare has as their primary interest to make a profit.

That means (a) overcharging (b) getting rid of people who cost money (those who are ill).

Those two things cannot be fixed by the free market because they are happening because of the free market; the only way to fundamentally change this is by imposing rules, one way or the other.

• snowbird
    snowbird

@FMF

Hear! Hear!

When I was in a car accident, one doctor came into the room, identified himself, held up one finger and asked if I could see it.

I replied in the affirmative; he then instructed me to give it a tug; I complied, he left.

His bill to my insurance carrier, BC/BS of Alabama? $600.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

A lot of the items that got repealed will actually just now vary based on what state you reside in. For instance, the cost of coverage, if you have preexisting conditions, will be now determined if your state Insurance Commissioner wants to create and enforce a rule that requires insurance companies in that state to cover all pre-existing conditions at no extra cost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit