Prince died from overdose?

by TweetieBird 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Opioid overdose is an acute condition due to excessive opioids. Examples of opioids are: morphine, heroin, tramadol, oxycodone, and methadone. It differs from opioid dependency. Although opioid overdose doesn't constitute a majority of the overdoses seen in the emergency department it is important to rule out in people given its potential for mortality and the ease of reversal.[1] Dependence on prescription opioids can stem from treatment of chronic pain and in recent years is the cause of the increased number of opioid overdoses.

Initial treatment involves supporting the persons breathing and providing oxygen. Naloxone is then recommended among those who are not breathing.

Opioid use disorders resulted in 51,000 worldwide deaths in 2013 up from 18,000 deaths in 1990. Prescription opioid overdose was responsible for more deaths in the United States from 1999-2008 than heroin and cocaine overdose combined.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Im not understanding the comments about hip surgery needing large amounts of blood, I know many people who have had hip surgery many jws, with no issues at all, and quite a quick recovery. its done so often now , they have it down to a regular old routine.

if he had flu like symptoms the week before, there is a chance he had a mild heart problem, and he simply had a heart attack, or even a stroke, or he had some virus that took him down.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    But no doubt even though this has nothing to do with any of this, the WT will cash in on his donation money if he has them in his will. What I mean to say is that, if it's found out that he was abusing some prescription drug or something and in the JW's eyes that's a bad thing, the org will still cash Prince's check if he put the WT in his will, no doubt.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Even is a person has left the Borg all together but they put it their will a certain amount was to be given to the WTS by law the money has to be directed to the organization .

• rebel8
    rebel8

TMZ is speculating.

There many rumors about how he died--OD, AIDS, pneumonia, flu, taking Tamiflu, getting the flu vaccine (insert mega eyeroll here--love the anti-science conspiracy theorists who disregard the need for any evidence at all).

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    It remains to be seen but I feel bad for anyone who needed double hip surgery that couldn't get it. I can't imagine the pain he must have been in every single day and in that case it would have been easy to overdose on painkillers. These performers always want to come through for their fans and sometimes kill themselves doing it.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Don't give the guy too hard a time if it was an opiate OD. Pain, real pain, takes medicine to control, and sometimes the medicine starts to TAKE control. He was always kind of a strange cat, but he seemed to have control of himself and there is an intent issue, I guess that I give him a break about. Prescription drugs can be mis-used accidentally or can harm without going against the prescription. Thats why anyone using any kind of drugs should be monitored carefully by doctors.

That being said, we don't know the cause of his death, and I hope he didn't suffer. I'm not a particular fan, but as another poster said, he is definitely on the soundtrack of my life in a few places because his music sticks to you-even if you don't listen to that kind of music much.

Reminder to all of us to not be cavalier about taking prescriptions or OTC meds, whether they are painkillers or blood thinners or even tylenol. They are drugs and carry a risk of some sort.

• kaik
    kaik
    I would wait till the official reports from the toxicology. He may overdosed from legal prescription or from a bad combo of various medications.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe Jah called him home ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit