Prince died from overdose?

by TweetieBird 18 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I just saw where the emergency landing that Prince made several days ago in Moline was due to an opiate overdose. This came from TMZ and sounded pretty credible.

If true, just curious If he would still be given a JW funeral, if that is what he wanted.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    As long as there was not two witnesses to the allegation, he should be able to get cleared, right?
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    he was a mega star - he will get a mega star funeral
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

JW or otherwise, his send off will be awesome!

So sad to see people that have the whole world and find no real joy, no peace, and end up harming themselves. Curious phenomena in the world of 'stars'. Sad.🤔

DY

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was just thinking of if another scenario played out where by they refused to comply with princes funeral arrangment but still took his money. The public backlash would be immense and I really don't think Wt is in a position to refuse his money.

If prince has given specific instructions as to his funeral e.g kingdom hall service. It will be interesting to see if they comply with his wishes and give in to public pressure. Also the content of the funeral service being a Wt advertising campaign.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    IT takes weeks to get Toxicology report back.
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The plausible story I heard was he needed a hip surgery and due to the extreme need for blood during the surgery, he refused it, and the hip pain was really bad. Makes sense that he would be taking pain meds due to refusing surgery. Just a story, but seems realistic to me.

Eccentric and odd people can sometimes be the most talented, if they allow their talent to shine through and not repress it.

I can see his eccentric side being drawn to the idea of separating himself from the "world" during his time off stage ( and then using the common JW double standard----not separating himself except when on stage, or even follinwing the "rules" of standard behavior).

• dogon
    dogon
    So he was a Dubber in good standing? I knew he was at one time but did not know if he stayed in the cult.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Does anyone think that the elders will hold a judicial committee by his casket?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sounds to me like he overdosed on pain meds like Percocet which is an Opiate pain reducing drug that has been known to kill overtime. ie. stop the heart .

Implicated in deaths

On June 30, 2009, an FDA advisory panel recommended that Percocet, Vicodin, and every other combination of acetaminophen with narcotic analgesics[4] be limited in their sales because of their contributions to an alleged 400 acetaminophen related deaths in the United States each year, that were attributed to acetaminophen overdose and associated liver damage.[5]

In December 2009, the Canadian Medical Association Journal reported a study finding a fivefold increase in oxycodone-related deaths in Ontario (mostly accidental) between 1991 and 2007 that led to a doubling of all opioid-related Ontario deaths over the same period.

Hydrocodone: Respiratory depression, extreme somnolence progressing towards coma, muscle limpness, cold and clammy skin, slow heart rate, low blood pressure, abrupt loss of heart function and death may occur.[2]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit