"Why Are Jehovah's Witnesses So Sure That They Have The Right Religion?"

by minimus 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

That question is raised on page 709 in the "Proclaimers" book. Notice the answer the book gives. "Because they believe and accept what the Bible says as to the identifying marks of true worshipers. Their modern--day history, as discussed in earlier chapters of this publication, shows that, not just as individuals but as an organization, they meet the requisites: They loyally advocate the Bible as God's sacred Word of truth; they keep completely separate from worldly affairs; they bear witness to the divine name, Jehovah, and proclaim God's Kingdom as mankind's only hope; and they genuinely love one another."............Any thoughts???

• JH
    JH

Many religions are sure that they "alone" have the right religion. Others believe that just by believing in Christ and you're saved.

The witnesses believe that they have the truth because they hear that 10 times a day at the hall, in the service, and amongst each other and they believe it.

They think they have the "TRUTH"

• Elsewhere
  • Odrade
    Odrade

yeah, what Else said.

• blondie
    blondie

Mark of a cult/high control group

The group will have an ELITIST view of itself in relation to others, and a UNIQUE CAUSE. e.i. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES RIGHT - everyone else is wrong. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES DOING GOD'S WILL - everyone else is in apostasy.

• Makaveli
    Makaveli

Hi.

It is because they have been conditioned to believe as such.

A prime characteristic of a mind control cult is that they embed in its members unique ideologies that make members feel special and one of a kind.

Remember when we used to use words such as 'the truth', 'great crowd', 'little flock', 'john class' and 'the faithful and discreet slave' ? All these words were designed to make us believe we are unique, that we are indeed the 'truth'.

Also, we were fed lies as to the bountious 'love among ourselves'. This is the biggest twist of fact in the Watchtower. Maybe it should read 'love among ourselves ONLY IF you are in the right circles and you pioneer and know the right people'. They hate to admit it, but there is an active class system at every Kingdom Hall.

Setting up things such as big conventions and assemblies, and going out on the 'door to door work' are all designed to make us believe that we are special. Having our own ministry bag from a young age, dressed in a suit, breeded to believe that we ARE the right religion. Its one huge roundabout of activity, all designed to impregnate on your mind that what you are doing and what you believe in is true. Anything else, everybody else is from Satan, in the hands of the Wicked one !

We can all be proud that we have managed to escape this terrible mind control cult.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Delusion: A false, fixed belief, held in spite of evidence to the contrary.

Because they're all (and I include myself here when I was one of THEM) clearly DELUSIONAL!!

• minimus
    minimus

My mom lamented that on Thursday night, there were only 39 people at the Hall! She said "not everyone can be on vacation in October".Today, I spoke to her about the meeting and she tiredly said, that only the same old ones comment at the Watchtower Study. She said, "Jehovah is sifting those that aren't taking the Truth seriously now." She once again got into how we can't serve Jehovah God without acceptinh His organization......No matter what logic I would present to her (strictly from the Bible), she could grasp it.

• Poztate
    Poztate

WE know we have the only true religion because the "Faithful and Excrete Slave Class " says so.What further proof is needed??

CASE CLOSED

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Did they mention Jesus at all?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit