Missing in Action?

by Seven 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

To Waiting:

It sure does make it all worthwhile. I hadn't seen my daughter in nine months and I was certainly thrilled to see her again!

• overthehillgrandma
    overthehillgrandma

Hello..I have been busy like so many of you, just enjoying the outdoors and fresh air, I have a very small yard but between that and my husband and grandkids and job, its a lot..we have had forrest fires here, that I can see from my house and lots of the surounding hills(sagebrush) have been on fire..keeps me nervouse(sp)...what we need is a big rainstorm, to settle the dust and renew the grounds.
    It has been a month since I have been to a meeting, and frankly I feel ok about it..I was (am) burned out...I told my husband I will not go on a schedule anymore, I will go when I feel like it..everything is all the same all the time, I could give the talks from memory..
    hope all is going good for all of you, wouldnt it be nice to meet up some day? I would love that..(we can dream cant we?)

• Seven
    Seven

othgrandma, Hey, if you can see the fires then you're too close. I hope you sleep with one eye open. Come back again and we'll talk about your meeting burn out. Until then keep the buckets and shovels handy.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey, Over.....

Where are you that fires are raging? Take care, they can get real nasty real fast. Hope it goes well for you.

I burned out from the repetition of the meetings, and Watchtower study articles, and conventions, also. I know we're supposed to be taught by repetition, but that's the sum total lately.

waiting

Hey Cat! 9 months is a long time - have fun catching up!!!

waiting

• marion_nett
    marion_nett

Marion_Nett checking in ...

Gosh - I haven't peeked in here in ages. Imagine my surprise to find that my absence had actually been noticed! Thanks, 7 for asking ...

Generally, I have just gotten way busy (like others have said - summer) ... and stuff. Also, I am always competing with my two teenagers for "my turn" on the computer - and seem to, more often than not, come up the loser! (Check out my time of posting this ...)

Anyway - I'm still around, but finding it hard to find time right now for more than a few minutes online ... Thanks for asking and love to all.

marion

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Marion,

Where is Djibouti? Africa? I flunked geography, amonst other subjects, in school. Nice to hear from you. I've heard that a lot of web surfers have to share their surfboard....

How rude of teenagers. They're probably using the computer for school, etc. What a waste when you could be chatting with us, huh?

Glad you checked in - surf on back here again!

waiting

• Seven
    Seven

Marion! Could you pick a hotter and more humid place in the world to live? Mercy! Djibouti is almost all desert, if I remember correctly. Do you live near the Red Sea? If you ever get online come and tell us a little something about your life in Africa. Interesting. Come back soon.

• waiting
    waiting

Aha!!! I was right on my first guess!

Africa! The Dark Continent - revisited.

waiting

• marion_nett
    marion_nett

LOL

Actually, I'm from the good ole U.S. of A ... Just liked the sound of the place - Djibouti.

• Seven
    Seven

Marion!!!LOL!!!Rolling on the floor laughing my Djibouti off. We may not have the complete truth but we all sure have the knack for jerking each other around. I spent all day looking for my English/Djibouti dictionary so I could surprise you with some phrases.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit