hidden messages in the bible

by invictus 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rem
    rem

Invictus,

please remember that I am only just reading this and yes I find it fascinating, the same as I find sunset,changes of season and others marvels of nature fascinating. I did not wrote the book so i am not going to defend every single tought. Is this book going to give me all the ultimate answers? - no. Is this information presented to change your mind? - i would not even dream about it.

it is simple one sign on my spiritual path that I wanted to share

All I'm trying to do is hone your skepticism. From what you've written so far I gather that you have not yet cultivated the skills for critical thinking. (Instead of questioning it you automatically think there must be 'something to it' and almost seem offended that other people have researched such things and have come to a different conclusion).

You can believe whatever you want, but that doesn't make your beliefs rational. One book that helped me learn how to think critically and tune my "BS detector" was Demon Haunted World, by Carl Sagan. It's a great book and I highly recommend it.

rem

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Didn't someone here mention that if you read it backwards quickly, that you hear various messages ?

I think in one of the verses you hear the word i-n-t-e-r-n-e-t

***** Rub a Dub

• invictus
    invictus

elamona,

thank you for your reply.as I said this is the first little booklet I am reading and some of the stuff is really a very new approach to me- I did`nt read anything like that before.

him being an intellectual and science educated man put more weight on his presentation that is why I would like to read more from him. I found his website so I`ll be looking more. if you have any interesting information you can let me know.

right know in my own spiritual search this is how I feel-"You are responsible for finding your own salvation,however you define that term.You can benefit from the input of wise man and hopefully reject the blabering of fools.But ultimately,you are the one who chooses.It is up to you and only you to pick for yourself the wise course of action. True religion is not a single choice. It is never ending series of choices- sometimes because we`ve made mistakes and sometimes because we entered new teritory.Religion in general is about purpose, but true religion is about flexibility.To be part of true religion is to be teachable and that requires humility and honesty.True religion lurks everywhere,it`s around every corner-wherever there are people who are earnestly searching for answers , who are willing to give up cherished notions if necessary. True religion resides in all of us - the challenge is to set it free."

I am not that clever to write something like this - but that is how I see myself.

thank you

invictus

• invictus
    invictus

rem,

what you are basically saying is: I and others like me did research, we found it foolish-how come you cannot see it? well let me do my own and allow me to come to my own conclussions no matter how different they are. I gave some information ,not my conclusions, just information from the book asking what do people think about it. If someone does not agree it is sufficient to say I do not agree and that is fine with me.

that reminds me of let say when people witness some incident- in essence same thing happened but everyone will see it from different angle.that is how it is with opinions - we may read the same things yet see it completely different. I do not shy from discusions but I can see that you have very strong opinion about it and I respect that . I do not have need to prove you wrong to prove myself right - sorry if that dissapoints you.

anyway, I am not upset with anyone- live and let live, think and let others think no matter how different as long as that does not hurt anybody.

take care

invictus

• rem
    rem

Invictus,

That's cool!

I think what I'm trying to get accross (unsuccessfully) is that there are different ways of thinking. I'm not so concerned about the belief itself... just what process brought you to that belief. Can it be described as a rational belief after all is said and done? As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of critical thinking!

rem

• invictus
    invictus

RubaDub,

stressed spelled backwards reads desserts - hey, there it is - hidden message- I`m gonna get mine right away - slice of pumpkin pie with wipped cream - yammm

happy thanksgiving Canada!

invictus

• mizpah
    mizpah

The trouble with most people/authors who claim to have a special insight into the Bible is that they encouage you to become dependent upon them for this "key" to understand it. So, you buy more of their books or contribute to their organizations. And then you're right back into a similar situation that Jehovah's Witnesses are with the Watchtower Society.

There is enough learning in Christ's teaching of love to last one a lifetime. It is not hard to understand. And one does not need another man or organization to explain the "secret." True, there are things in the Bible "hard to understand." But usually none of these teachings are essential to living a good life that is beneficial for you and for your neighbor. And that is the simplicity of Christ's teachings.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Invictus : stressed spelled backwards reads desserts - hey, there it is - hidden message- I`m gonna get mine right away - slice of pumpkin pie with wipped cream - yammm

Yeah ... you seems to be cool !!! who are you ?

• elamona
    elamona

I have this book and enjoy lending it to my friends. They inevitably buy one of their own. It's a really neat little book- fits perfectly in my purse. I especially like the mathematics involved in some of the commentary. I also have "Biotech-The Sorcerer's New Apprentice", "The 7th Day", "Stretching the Heavens", "In the Beginning There was...Information", and "Signs in the Heavens" among others. I have not bought one thing from him that I don't like. My co-workers and friends are constantly borrowing his material. I have to keep a list of who has what so it doesn't get lost. I just really enjoy his perspective and commentary on biblical issues and passages.

He is not some kind of cult leader. I have never gotten any kind of communication requesting money, donations, etc. In fact, the only time I ever have contact with him is when I email questions and he or one of his staff replies. I have been getting his stuff for about 3-4 years now and have never gotten any kind of unrequested material. He doesn't work that way. He loves sharing God's word and makes reading and studying the scriptures enjoyable. No meetings, no schedules, no rules, no dress codes, no "you have to belong to my or any church to get saved". You read and study the bible at your own convenience and in your own home or with your own friends. He NEVER says that you HAVE to believe in a particular thing- he treats his readers as adults and let's them make up their own minds about what they believe and accept.

• mizpah
    mizpah

This argument about the word "El" being the Canaanite name of God represented by the bull is shallow. If "El" predated the Canaanites as a word for God in the ancient semitic languages and was adopted by the Canaanites as the name of their God then all this speculation is for nought. (The Muslims adopted "Allah" as a name of their God even though it was originally a word meaning "God." )

One thing is clear from the Bible. The worship of the bull instead of Yahweh was discouraged in Israel. To the Israelites, the bull was associated with the false worship of Egypt. So, whem Moses came off the mountain and found the impatient Israelites worshipping the bull as Yahweh, he smashed the commandments and destroyed the idol. The Israelites who confronted the Canaanites had no confusion over this word "El."

It never ceases to amaze me that the so call "higher critics" and biblical speculators seem to have questionable motives in mind: to destroy people's faith in the Bible and to elevate their own theories so people will have faith in them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit