Potential Muslim convert

by StopTheTears 45 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

It's your turn looter - although you are suffering from the "trumps" in recent responses (i.e., digging yourself a really big hole...).

• Simon
    Simon

looter: I think you're done too.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

honest - Christianity is far more evil than Islam. Just look at the numbers, the sheer MILLIONS who have been killed in the name of the Christian god. Nowhere near as many have been killed in the name of Allah. And no, I'm not saying Islam is much better, but it IS far less evil than you think. NEVER just blindly believe what others tell you when you know damn well that they aren't religious scholars. Your average American knows jack shit about any religion outside of their own because they refuse to educate themselves, and it is that willful ignorance that leads to the death of innocent people.

• Landy
    Landy
    Christianity is far more evil than Islam. Just look at the numbers, the sheer millions who have been killed in the name of the Christian god.

The thing is, Christianity, by and large, has managed to evolve away from that. There's parts of the Muslim world that haven't managed that yet.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Christianity is far more evil than Islam - not sure about this. Perhaps a comparison of Jesus' life and Muhammad's life would be useful here.

Nowhere near as many have been killed in the name of Allah - citation needed.

Christianity, by and large, has managed to evolve away from that - yes, exactly. The key point here.

Compare mocking Christianity with mocking Islam: The Life of Brian is a popular film that provoked a few angry letters from priests when it was released. Charlie Hebdo mocked Muhammad and 20 of its staff were gunned down in revenge.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

If all Christians were Quakers or Unitarians, all Muslims Sufi or Ismaili, and all Jews were Reform or Karaites, the God of Abraham would have a much better reputation IMHO. It isn't about which religion you follow but how well your confessional community can balance faith and reason. The JWs get an F in balancing faith and reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit