For a change, happy JW memories anyone?

by ScoobySnax 58 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Scoob,

Big Tex's account of Sister McDonald reminded me of Brother Smith. I'll be back tomorrow with that memory but in the mean time maybe you'd like to read my homage to Brother Salda.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

LL......I'll stand reproved here then for remembering the good times. I remember my mum struggling to get me and my sister to the meetings despite her suffering from "nerves" when we were kids.

I'll remember being an absolute git of a child as my mum struggled to get us on that bus to the Kingdom Hall whilst my dad sat at home

I'll remember going to the conventions and being proud to wear my lapel badge advertising the latest D.C.

I remember hitting my teens and struggling to come to terms with who I was.

I remember being in my 20's and still holding onto the truth on one hand, yet feeling a desire to meet a mate of the same sex, which I did. I remember having fun.

I remember that all going pear shape, yet still I went on...

I remember going back to the Memorial, the D Convention, just attending the occasional meeting, or just meeting a brother or sister recently whilst shopping in Tesco's for a chat

I can remember so much, alot of it hurts, but I could never beat up my brothers and sisters about it. Maybe I was lucky looking back. I'm still looking here.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Scoob it wasn't meant as reproof (I'm not an elder)

Just an explanation of why so few may be posting.

I do remember a lot of good things. But there is pain with the remembering for me even in the good.

I posted about the two sisters who were there for me. Those are really feel good memories. But there is pain too because they have both turned their backs on me - or crossed the street or left a store. Believe me I fully understand where that comes from and that if they were free it might be different. But it isn't hence the bitter comes with the sweet

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Please don't credit JW's as mindless robots following a blind organisation. It does a dis-service to many here, whilst only satisfying a few. I guess thats my point.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I know LL. not meant for you.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    mindless robots following a blind organisation

if only it were that benign. look i dont mean to hijack the thread, because it's a nice one, and i don't mean to sound callous here, but are you honestly surprised that this site isn't overflowing with "I JW" stories?? as an ex-JW posting on a site frequented predominately by ex-JW's, i don't necessarily feel the need to bend over backwards trying to dredge up good memories about an organization that had an overwhelmingly negative impact on my life. maybe for those of us that have left there really is a dearth of good memories related to being a witness. maybe if that wasn't the case some of us would still be JW's.

• blondie
    blondie

Let me illustrate it this way, as a child of abuse, every second of my day was not unhappy. But even during the happy moments, I knew that at any time that moment could end, to be replaced by fear and abuse. It is difficult to trust people at the KH. Some are the abusers and others are the silent watchers, too afraid to do anything.

Blondie

• avengers
    avengers

I don't think it's necesary for me to reply, but for the sake of being polite, I will.

There are a lot of good memories; memories of friends, family, etc. The bad part is they will drop you in an instant
    as soon as you question anything at all about the WT doctrines.

So I lost all of my "friends". So the good memories are not so good. I thought a friend is a friend,
    but that's not the way the WT sees it.

The WT Society is rotten to the core. It's too bad that good people have to suffer because of that.
    Get these "good" people out if you want to be useful instead of trying to make the WT look good.

Andy of the super disappointed in the slave class.

• smack
    smack

I got a new bicycle when I finally remembered all the books of the bible, was about 11 then. I got laid at 21

Steve

• Mac
    Mac

I got laid when I finally remembered all of the books of the bible at 11....I got a bike when i was 21!

mac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit