For a change, happy JW memories anyone?

by ScoobySnax 58 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

....SAVE the "The day I got out" posts, Surely some here can dreg up some happy times of when they were Witnesses, it can't all be negative. For me, I can remember some great people, some DO's some CO's some elders, some pioneers some just plain ol' publishers like me. Come on everyone.......dig deep now.....

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

oooooh big silence........what a suprise......

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK I'm game

After I went back to live with my mother after 3 very long years in foster care I remember we went to a meeting the night I got off the bus from Toronto to Montreal

At the meeting I met a lovely sister who I remembered from when my mother was studying 3 years earlier. I had been so terribly homesick for my family. And I was thrilled to be back but after 3 years away I felt very disconnected and like I didn't belong anywhere. At 16 years I had been given away by mother twice for a total of 6 years. I was terribly needy.

Well Sister Mamie Shepherd (Grace I'm sure you will remember her) grabbed my hand and told me she remembered me and was so glad I was back. At the time those were the exact words I so desperately needed to hear. I can still feel her hand tightly holding on to me. I still very great affection for her.

And yes I will use her name because she touched me at a time when I really needed it

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

LL......that was great , a few more and I'll post mine....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

want another one?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    oooooh big silence........what a suprise......

Geez scoob! Give it at least 18 minutes, will ya?

I have lots of good memories as a dub. Afterall, 27 of my 28 years were spent being a dub.

• freedom96
    freedom96

My main witness experience was while I was growing up. I stopped going when I was 24. So, as a child, yes, there are some fun memories with some witness friends, as they were the only friends I had.

Sadly, however, most of my memories of childhood involved some sort of activity related to being a witness. Meetings, service, assemblies, etc.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I was pregnant for my second child I had a lot of problems. I almost miscarried at 4 months and again at 6 months. At that time the doctor put me on total bed rest and medication to stop the contractions. I was able to go home provided I obey the bed rest rules (great reason to not have to go to meetings)

I had a 4-yr old at home and the husband was either a MS or elder but don't think he was an elder yet. But he was busy in service all the time when he wasn't working and seemed to see no reason to slow down.

One of the sisters helped me out. My 4-yr old was really great. She could play alone for hours but even a 4 yr old needs to get out sometimes. Sister Sylvia would take her for a few hours. Sometimes when she brought her back she would bring a lovely casserole with her. It was wonderful and feeling abandoned my the husband while he was out preaching her efforts made me feel like someone cared.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Sorry drwtsn.....impatient that I am...

Mine was on a family holiday/vacation to the greek island of Crete. We all went to this busy market place in the middle of a bustling village in the middle of no-where. My mum suddenly spotted an old greek man standing right in the middle with a greek copy of the WT in his hand, obviously street witnessing.....she approached him and tried to communicate by pointing to the copy of the WT and then herself, it took a while for the penny to drop, whilst me and my un-believing dad stood around. Suddenly the penny must have dropped, and this old greek man grabbed my mum and swung her around in his arms with tears in his eyes, I've never seen such a hug, or an expression of love since then as I did on that day.........Even my dad had to admit afterwards, it was pretty amazing.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

when i was 9 my family spent the summer working unassigned territory in Nebraska for the second or third summer in a row, if i remember correctly...anyhow a very adorable little newly converted JW farm boy proposed to me :P actually after i went back to cali he and i stayed pen pals for a while but alas, you know how fickle the heart of a 9 year old girl is, i moved on rather quickly...;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit