Over population

by mickbobcat 35 Replies latest social current

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I live in chicken farm territory and can confirm chicken growing conditions. The big companies have bought up most of the small family farms. It's sad.

Some farms, however, are now solar farms with fields full of solar panels. It's a bizarre looking crop, but it sure smells better than the chicken farms!

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

This is what happens when there are to many people on the earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3-evFI1Fis

• Simon
    Simon
    LMAO China has not eliminated poverty nor has or will they or India. That is one of the most stupid things I have every heard.

Yeah, what people will do is calculate the average wage, including the new ultra-wealthy and declare it fixed. Once again, the super-rich saving the poor from actually classifying as poor through the power of wonky statistics.

• waton
    waton

lifting everybody to the level of the middle class in normal countries is actually the worst thing that can happen to the planet. imaging everybody not just aspiring to, but actually living with their all wheel drive F150, their yearly flights to Hawaii. Ischgl.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

The best solution was on the HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy, where they built three spaceships. They put the useless people on the 3rd, and "let them go first" ...

You beat me to it - Golgafrincham Ark Fleet, Ship B - with all the second class used car salesmen, telephone sanitisers, hairdressers, TV producers, insurance salesmen etc... well, you know how that ended.

RB

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@PistolPete - the guy in your video (Alex O'Connor) is an intelligent guy, but on the subject of Veganism he's an extremist.

He doesn't just want factory farms to stop, he wants all use of animals for food, clothing, etc., to stop. Him calling the animals in these farms 'inmates' is a bit of a clue to his Vegan extremism.

He also said 'humans are just animals, too' but whines because we still eat meat. Well, if it's good enough for a lion or crocodile then it's good enough for me, lol.

Yes, there's a strong environmental argument for humans to ban animal farms and cut down on eating meat. But that will never be enough for lunatics like O'Connor.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    LoveUniHateExams

I agree O Connor is a Vegan Extremist.

But the factory Farms need to change Somehow. I don't have a solution but something needs to be done with the way animals are tortured. Surely humans have the capacity to figure out something.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Another thing people don't get is that the corn belt has lost 1/3 of its top soil. Humans are using up resources at such an astonishing rate it can not go on like this. People are used to living where every thing is relatively cheap. How people lived 125 years ago, 75 to 80 percent lived on small family farms where you farmed for food and did some side jobs be it lumber or other to make a few extra bucks for things you could not grow. WW2 changed the world in many ways. People poured into cities during the war to work in factories and never left. Farms went from family farms to corporate farms. Corporations went from old style of farming to a production line to keep up with ever growing demand. Using petro chemicals and gene modification to produce max yield's. People really do seem to or want to see that we are dancing on the razors edge on food production and many other things. Its really insane how close we all are to going to the store and having little on the shelf. Covid should have woken people up but as we see in the monetary policy after the crash nothing was learned and we are now doing the same shit that caused the housing bubble in 08 to pop. My wife works in loan banking and she said she is seeing the same sketchy crap that was going on in the pre crash times. My broker said the traunches and other things that caused the bubble are back. People don't learn.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    mickbobcat

Its really insane how close we all are to going to the store and having little on the shelf. Covid should have woken people up but as we see in the monetary policy after the crash nothing was learned and we are now doing the same shit that caused the housing bubble in 08 to pop. My wife works in loan banking and she said she is seeing the same sketchy crap that was going on in the pre crash times. My broker said the traunches and other things that caused the bubble are back. People don't learn.

I actually think about this a lot. I personally feel shit is going to hit the fan at some point. I remember when Covid first started and I went to the local Sam's 'Club, all the shelves were empty. I drove quickly to Walmart and all the shelves were empty. It took a couple of months before you saw a steak in the meat section and they were limited.

I try stock up on can food, but even those have limited life. I could stock steaks by the hundreds in several freezers but what happens if electricity is shut down??? All the steaks go bad in a matter of days,

We are living on a razor's edge, there is no doubt.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

If it's a overpopulated where you live...move. even china is vastly sparse in the west. As for food.. that's a joke. Every grocery store is every country I have been in throws away expired food because there is too much on the shelves. As for sustaining farming I think the mentality of farming one crop is foolish. I have seen numerous examples of small hobby farms feeding a family of 10 more with more left over. As for farmland there is slot of room to be cleared in some countries if people want to invest in the land. 11 billion is on every single projection I have seen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit