Poopie has a thought what do you think child molestation

by poopie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie

So here's my thought what should be done to an elder that is accused of molesting a child and there no 2 witnesses ? 1. the elder should immediately step down or be removed.2

The child should be protected. 3. he should be removed minimum 1 year until he is proven innocent. why because he is no no longer irreprehensible or blameless even though he may be in fact be innocent.Since he's an elder and should be an example of humility he should be willing to step down. what do you think ?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

REPORT REPORT REPORT TO THE POLICE!

The victim's parents should go directly to the police and let them haul the accused elder in for questioning.

JWs have no business investigating crimes.

• raven
    raven

The whole topic disgusts me. I honestly think they should be turned over to the police. Duties and privileges removed, the JW's have no business in acting as the court system, jury, or JW police unit here.. Or even any matter of peoples lives. Enough of counseling the predators, grooming them for service, etc.. Enough of it, just send them to jail.

• poopie
    poopie

II'm not talking about what parents should do that's a given. I'm talking about action that any so called church should take in relationship to the the bishop the elder the priest the whatever.

• poopie
    poopie

What about due process.

• poopie
    poopie

Granted most of these molesters are guilty.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The church should

1 REPORT TO POLICE.

2 Immediately suspend all Elder duties including field service.

As Elders cannot physically be with an accused 24/7 all they can do is tell police and support the victim and family by supporting their decision to go to police and the hospital.

• poopie
    poopie

Ok assuming he's guilty what about confessional clergy privledge

• poopie
    poopie

No reporting countries or states.

• poopie
    poopie

I appreciate your sense of justice all my siblings were molested by elders or servants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit