OK My turn to be down in the dumps

by Lady Lee 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well I had a lot of good news like no cancer and that was great. I am healing well from the surgery.

I finally got my wheelchair and that has allowed me a bit more freedom. But winter is coming and the wheelchair won't be very useful.

The orthotics. what a pain in the ass.

When they make orthotics they press your feet into a foam mold. The mold takes the exact shape and size of your foot. The mold is sent to the company and they pour plastic into the mold and then shape it to a shoe shape. Each foot is marked as left and right and in my case each foot had the correct show size.

Now you would think that if they had an exact copy of my foot from the mold they would be able to make this correctly.

I got the first pair and the makers decided no one's foot arch could be that high so they altered it and sent it to me. When I got it I discovered they had altered it so much you could put your hand between my foot and the orthotic, which made it completely useless to me. My foot didn't even touch it where it needed to.

So we had my foot remeasured and sent the measurement back with the orthotic. Waited two more weeks and got the new one back last Thursday.

These people must be stupid.

It seems they took the mold for the left foot - reversed it and make an orthotic of the left foot and an exact copy of it for my right foot. And because I (like most people) have one foot larger than the other the right orthotic doesn't fit.

It's hard to believe these people stay in business.

I got my money back but now have to go somewhere else to get the orthotic made.

I have an appointment with the podiatrist but that will be another 2 weeks which means at least a month before I see another orthotic. If these things work I was hoping to be walking again before the snow comes. The way things are going it doesn't look like that will happen.

I know it will happen but this dragging on is a pain.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

oh hun.... you need to go to warmer climate in the winter months...

*sends you a hug*

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

If the orthotics are a pain in the ass, LL, they are definitely making them wrong :)

In the meantime can you go to a hiking store and get some Superfeet insoles molded to your feet? Just an idea - they won't be as custom as orthotics but they sure help me a lot... I now use them in every shoe and boot. Not everyplace that seels them has the molding station, though. Here I would get them at REI.

Take care of you,

PS

• blondie
    blondie

Dealing the medical field can be scary.....you wonder what else doesn't get done right. It's not like getting your car worked on.

Have a good weekend, LL! I think I will have a computer this weekend after all. I love that book Toxic Parents...a lifesaver in many ways.

Suzy Elgin Haden---too for verbal abuse

Blondie

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

((((((((((((((((((Lady Lee)))))))))))))))))))

What company is this you used? They suck......

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

That is one of the miseries of today.
    People 'think' to much, or don't think at all.

But you will have your orthotic somewhere in future and walk again.

Good to hear that you don't have cancer !!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

((((MrMOe))) Wish I could

PS I have not heard of these Superfeet. What is REI? I will check here if anyone sells these.

(((Blondie))) will look forward to what you have to add

(((Tatiana and CG))) thanks

• Valis
    Valis

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

((((((((((LadyLee)))))))))))))))) Are they STUPID altering the mold cause they THINK THINK....Next Step orthotics in Methuen, Ma or Salem NH. My sis in law works there and they seem to be a good company

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The company who made them are here in Canada. My husband's chiropractor sent ti molds to them

The Orthotic Group. Don't use them

Some group.

The podiatrist said there are often problems with molds made with the foam. She will be using plaster and says they always come out right. Will try it but will look for the Superfeet in the meantime

Valis you are such a sweetheart

Sheila yea can you belive it. They have a perfect mold of my feet and they THINK they aren't right

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit