400 Rockets Hit Israel

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

The Palestinian-Israeli conflict needs a strong peacekeeping force, like the one, remember in Kosovo, supported by the UN Security Council and Nato. When it started had like 40 k troops and it worked. Otherwise the conflict is gonna drag more or less forever.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

No one has been able to answer this question for me. Why do Palestinians call themselves Palestine when Palestine was the name given to the region by the Romans, a bunch of white dudes?

Why not use a more traditional name like Canaan?

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I think this is going to take some outside involvement to quiet things down, maybe the UN ?

I also wonder what kind of positional involvement the US will take this time ?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The UN mission in Kosovo was a disaster, they basically supported the wrong side and then NATO had to step in and it took a year of bombings to get both sides under control due to a severely lame-duck US general.

As was Rwanda and every other so-called peacekeeping mission he UN has taken. When you can’t shoot belligerents, you’re just a sitting duck.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Loveuni, I'm not sure why you insist I answer your question. I think what is happening in isreal, the gaza strip, West bank is a disgrace. It makes the world we live in a more dangerous place and is a root source of discontent for muslims.

Of course Israel has a right to defend themselves, like any other country has. Once again, ascribing the moral high ground to either side is a tough job.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I also wonder what kind of positional involvement the US will take this time ?

I hear a nap is in the running for the positional involvement of choice.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Sooner or later "Someone" is going to launch a NUKE!

• minimus
    minimus

Israel isn’t itchy to nuke anything

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Didn't someone propose uprooting the temple mount brick by brick and sticking it in Stockholm as a solution?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Anonymous, there are 2 sides to every story.

Heres another one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ir_David_Foundation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit