400 Rockets Hit Israel

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Min, of course its not ok.

But this is not as simple as saying Israel is right and Palestinians are wrong.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The
    Jo large part, it is religious zeal that is fuelling Israels claim to the land. They believe they are chosen by God and the land is their birthright.
    No one can deny that ultra Othodox Jewish squatters are exacerbating the problem. However whatever the rights and wrongs of how anyone came to live where they currently do, the fact is they do, and firing rockets at civilians is not going to solve anything. There’s no doubt the Israelis feel as if there backs are against the wall and even as non religious secular Jews, where else can they go? Europe and America can’t be trusted after what happened in WW2. Without question the Jews need their own homeland.
    Anon Israel won all those wars
    That has no bearing on the moral rights and wrongs of the situation.
    Anon You are free to live in Israel as an Arab, there is no religious suppression there,

in theory.
    “situation of the Bedouin may be the most poignant, especially since they have lived in Israel’s Negev since long before the state was founded. They have Israeli citizenship, but their nomadic way of life has not blended easily with the norms of a modern state. Although the ancestral lands to which they claim ownership amount to less than 5% of the Negev, many in Israel oppose granting the Bedouin rights to these lands, on which they have dwelt for centuries. Alternatively, they seek to settle them into a few pre-designed townships. Their citizenship is unquestionably second class, especially when one compares their claims to land with those of Jewish settlers, who have established illegal outposts in the West Bank that frequently gain official sanction after the fact.“ Daniel Sokatch New Israel Fund

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Love uni, another question could be, why are Palestinians firing rockets? - yes, good question.

As I understand it, Hamas are firing rockets into Israel because several Palestinians have been evicted from homes owned by Jews.

And you still won't answer my question.

Ok, I live in England, in Bolton. If Welsh rebels fired rockets into England, I'd expect a military response from Westminster.

• minimus
    minimus

That’s the bottom line. If you have a beef, even a legitimate one against another country you can’t expect to bomb the country without repercussions. And yes, Israel has every right to defend itself and go after the ringleaders. They aren’t playing.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

TBH, I feel sorry for ordinary Palestinians. They find themselves caught smack bang in the middle of a dangerous game being played by Hamas & Israel.

But what do I know? I'm just a big fat bigot.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@joey: the latest evictions were the result of a 50 year lawsuit. During the 1960s, Arab settlers occupied the area, Israel kicked them out but the Arab settlers didn’t move out. A law was created where they could stay if they paid rent to the original owners, they haven’t paid rent so the court evicted them after 50 years of lawsuits and the Israeli government backpedaling and slow-walking decision to try and get peace.

These evictions are just a pretext for violence. What really happened is that Mahmoud Abbas, terrorist and religious leader of Gaza and the PLO, who currently is 14 years into a 4 year term, was about to lose the election (which they haven’t had in a decade) to Hamas. Abbas cancelled the elections and blamed some random event and called for protests and the cutting off the heads of Jews in the street, which is when the riots started. Hamas, not about to be outdone by the PLO (says something when your political platforms revolve about who hates the Jews more) started firing rockets to garner political support.

These are just 2 evil organizations, about 200 rockets fell in Gaza, they don’t care. More Muslims and foreigners died from the attacks than Jews, they don’t care. There is no moral equivalence between Israel and Hamas/PLO and to deny they have the right to defend their sovereign nation, is simply anti-semitism. If Mexico or Canada started firing rockets into the US, we’d be occupying Mexico City and Quebec in 5 minutes flat and nobody would blink an eye. But somehow, Israel has no right to do the same?

They won legitimate wars over Jordan and Egypt and gave it all back and then some, if they were truly expansionist occupiers they’d still own land up until the Nile. the Gaza Strip is legitimately Israel’s since its founding, yet they allow a terrorist regime to exist in their own back yard. The stated goal of a Palestine State (an Islam state like ISIS which would be ruled by Iran), if it were to exist, is to eradicate all Jews (its in their founding documents).

• minimus
    minimus

Jew haters abound

• pistolpete
  • road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Jew haters abound

True, but self righteous jew lovers do too.

• minimus
    minimus

Who is a self righteous Jew lover???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit