What changes would stabilize JW membership?

by StarryNight9 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

All of the above plus start celebrating birthdays by calling them anniversaries becase they are. You only have one "birth" day and each successive year is an anniversary of that date.

Embrace mother,s day and father,s day as respect for your elderly.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

"Become more youth fucused, losing 66%..."

That one has always really puzzeled me Joe, they are willing to expend such huge time and effort to locate and convert randomes and when one of there own blood trip and falls, they are left like an army that shoots it own wounded.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great suggestions above!

The best way for them to "stabilize" the numbers, is to encourage more births!

The only way they will get more numbers is from the Born-ins.

It is a "revolving door" religion. Many leave...and the numbers are propped up by new born-ins getting baptised.

• asp59
    asp59

This is determination of discreet in dictionary.

careful not to cause embarrassment or attract too much attention, especially bykeeping something secret:

Wonder how slav class is 'discreet' in view of recent development.

They have to change a lot from top to bottom to have a future.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Stuckin2 - encourage more births...

They shot themselves in both feet on that one with the 1987 (?) district convention script talk " responsible child bearing in this time of the end".

I personally know many who remained childles because of this.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

The sad part about remaining childless because a religion tells them too is this. Once I knew of a JW couple decided not to have any children because of the time of the end. They were giving that talk way before 1987, or at least strongly encouraging it. Anyways this husband and wife both aged, and eventually passed away almost 25 years ago. They had no children to comfort them or care for them when they were old. The wife passed away first, from cancer, and the husband lived another 5 years before time caught up with him and he as well died, alone in his home.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Demography is destiny. I feel so sad for so many people without children because of this. They have so much to answer for.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They would basically have to become a sect of “ Born Again “ Xianity. That, and only that would:

1) Allow 1914 and all Millerite based nonsense to fizzle away.

2) Allow for Higher Education.

3) Provide an anchor for JWs who feel a “heavenly calling” and allow the Org an excuse to stop marginalizing and marking these individuals.

4) Allow shunning to be done away with.

5) Set up a springboard for actual charity work.

6) Give Dubs a creative outlet by allowing more emotive avenues of worship, like cool music or bands.

7) Bring Jesus into the picture instead of the present, cold, legalistic, Mosaic Law, works based atmosphere that exists.

The above will never happen. When the old GB geezers die off, ( I can’t wait...) assholes like Gary Breaux are poised to take the helm. JWism must eventually burn. To be a high ranking dub is to be incapable of the reasoning that would make the above changes possible. They simply cannot get out of the way of their own egos.

F***’ em...

DD

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

The problem of allowing their members to get a higher education would actually destroy the Watchtower faster than anything else. Simply because higher education encourages independent thinking, and thinking for one's self. My youngest is in his third year of college now, and I have seen a huge difference in the way he thinks about stuff. Fortunately, I left the JWs when he was 4 years old, so he was never forced to listen to the total nonsense that comes out of their mouths, and too young to even remember.

A while back; my husband and my oldest went to my husband's JW aunt's funeral. She was killed in an unfortunate accident. I didn't go because I refuse to ever step foot on JW property, much less their buildings. But I did give my sons a choice, to go or not, the youngest didn't want any part of it; my eldest was curious.

When they got back home my eldest son was extremely freaked out. I asked him what was bothering him. Normally he would shut me out, but not this time. He asked about the funeral talk that they had given. After I had finally cleared up all the confusion he told me what that talk sounded like to him. It sounded just like they were talking about zombies and the walking dead. He caught on to the part about how the dead will rise, and that really got to him. He knows that zombies are not real, but the way they went on about how the dead will rise really freaked him out big time.

So any of you active Jehovahs' Witness who is reading this, you might want to think about how you word those talks. Because people like my son who don't know who you people are, all you do are doing is making yourselves look like a bunch of fools to the family members who have never been associated with the JWs.

Scratch that, keep doing what you guys do best.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It's in the 'too little too late' venue!

Due to their own arrogance, stubbornness & stupidity it's like...they're damned if they do & damned if they don't regarding any changes they make to buy themselves time and favor with many/most rank and file!

It's just a matter of time. Within 8 to 10 years WT's numbers, both in membership and financially, will be seriously negatively empacted.

I'm already celebrating...yay!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit