I'm happy. . it's weird. . you too?

by StinkyPantz 33 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Over the last couple of weeks there have been a dozen or so threads about people having a bad day or bad week. I feel guilty because I have been quite happy lately. I've been making quite a bit more money; I've been getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night instead of none; I've made several friends at work.

In addition to all of this, I have made a few deals with myself. 1) I have dismissed all of my former grudges. . including. . and this is very hard: my best friend of 15 years that betrayed me to the elders. I figure "what's the point? I'll probably never see the bitch. . . I mean girl again." 2) I am temporarily ending all contact with my family. There wasn't much contact as it is because they pretty much shun me, but my mother calls just enough to upset me. I need a break. 3) I was going to take a year's hiatus from school because if I went now, I'd have to pay out-of-state costs which is a lot more than residents pay; but I am going to cut that short. I really miss school. I know it'll make me feel even better. So I am going to go ahead and apply and hopefully if all goes well, I'll be taking classes by springtime.

~~~~~~~~~~

One weird, interesting side effect is that I haven't been posting as much. It seems as if my dependency on JWD is lessening now that my life is getting back on track.

Anyways. . I hope others are doing well also. If so, I want to hear about it. Like I said, I've been seeing a lot of posts about how sad people are feeling. How about something uplifting?

• obiwan
    obiwan

Ba humbug......

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Obi-

Don't be that way. . .

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    One weird, interesting side effect is that I haven't been posting as much. It seems as if my dependency on JWD is lessening now that my life is getting back on track.

Happy for you SP. Yes there has been a lot of negativity / blues on the board lately. I feel some sadness and blues myself at this time of the year. Summer is ending, the days are shorter.

But autumn is my favourite time of year, and we have our Thanksgiving this weekend, and are spending it with friends.

And i find when I am feeling good, I actually post here more.

xjw_b12 trying to spread good cheer around.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

It takes energy to stay resentful--negative energy, but energy just the same and it's tiring. Glad you made those decisions, SP. It's truly liberating, isn't it?

• smack
    smack

Good on ya Bridget. 4 or 5 hours, that's great.

Steve

• shera
    shera

Its great you are happy,you deserve it.

Others here will have it too,we all just have to work on it and sometimes we have to put "me" first.

take care,

Heather

• teejay
    teejay

Bridget,

When I was posting (lurking, mostly) on h2o there was a guy who went by 5GJW (5th Generation JW). He was in school, too. I liked him because, despite all that Witness history and all the suffering that went with it, having to leave his family, etc., he wasn't bitter. I always looked forward to reading his thoughts on stuff. He was easily one of my favorites.

He was in school and eventually got his degree, announcing that accomplishment on the board. Not long after that he posted that he appreciated the time he'd spent with his online friends but he'd found a good job it was time to be getting on with his life. And he was gone... never posting again. It made me a little sad but I was happy as hell for him. To this day it makes me feel good knowing that he'd made it down the Underground Railroad and past the great river... to the other side, ya know?

I hope one day to be reading a post like that from you, Bridget. Like it was for 5GJW I'll be sad then, too, but terribly happy at the same time. For too many reasons, you are by far one of my favorites, bringing out the big brother / father in me... vicariously giving me someone that I want to confide in and protect.

Yet, as much as I like you and am glad you're here, I'm also quite aware that venues like this put an incredible limit on all that life has to offer someone like you, and so I'm very glad to read that things are getting better for you in the ways you mentioned. I knew they would.

For someone like you, it was just a matter of time.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

glas to hear you are happy :) It is the sock sniffing... isn't it? Or perhaps like Valis you have taken up the past-time of frog licking... mmMMmmmmMMmm frog slime makes ur toes tingle

• gumby
    gumby
    Over the last couple of weeks there have been a dozen or so threads about people having a bad day or bad week. I feel guilty because I have been quite happy lately

Same here stinker. I have been in a good mood while others are down, which is ass-backwards for me.

New friends, a job, money, can have a lot to do with happiness as you have shown. I am going to save this post of yours however, and when you get in a pissy mood again......I'm going to show this to you over and over and over Congrats on getting your life situation better

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit