Do You Think White People Are Being Discriminated Against?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Simon:

So giving an inferior candidate your spot at university ...
    Promoting an inferior work colleague because of a diversity quota & PR ...
    Not hiring someone on the basis of their race ...
    You don't think these have any real effect on people's day-to-day life?

I haven’t seen an increase of this where I live (and what you listed would fall under the category of racism in general society). The thread asked for personal observations. I can’t speak for the entire planet. Nor is this the type of racism to which I specifically referred.

• minimus
    minimus

Lol. Knowing everything that Simon mentioned exists as a way of life is the point of it being mentioned. Everyone is aware these things are the rules that govern advancement. Just because you personally haven’t had it happen to you doesn’t mean that it’s obviously part of the way things are. Qualifications can take a back seat to quotas.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    minimus:
    Just because you personally haven’t had it happen to you doesn’t mean that it’s obviously part of the way things are.

You do enjoy being contrarian. I didn’t say that it simply hasn’t happened to me personally, nor did I say that anti-white racism doesn’t exist in general society. I indicated that I haven’t observed an increase in general society outside of the nonsense. I am referring to my local observations, not merely my own experience.

• Simon
    Simon
    I haven’t seen an increase of this where I live (and what you listed would fall under the category of racism in general society). The thread asked for personal observations. I can’t speak for the entire planet. Nor is this the type of racism to which I specifically referred.

I notice you edited your post to include "(where I live)", perhaps to try to give the impression that my response was somehow irrelevant, and you are trying to re-enforce that by repeating the "where I live" in this response too and attempting to make it all about personal observation only.

Are you saying it doesn't affect peoples lives, "where you live", or that it doesn't occur, "where you live"?

'cause if you live in any western country, the latter is probably a lie.

I don't think the question was "have you experienced it yourself or seen it directly".

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Simon:

Are you saying it doesn't affect peoples lives, "where you live", or that it doesn't occur, "where you live"?
    'cause if you live in any western country, the latter is probably a lie.

I added “where I live” because it seems there is more of this nonsense in the US (for which I can’t speak) than here. But I very clearly stated that I haven’t seen an increase where I live so your insinuation that I said it doesn’t occur is a plain old misrepresentation of my position.

I don't think the question was "have you experienced it yourself or seen it directly”.

As opposed to unverifiable anecdotes? I haven’t noticed an increase of those in regard to anti-white racism here either but if I had I would probably discount them as unverifiable anecdotes until I had considered the evidence. I suppose there could have been some cases in tabloid journalism that I’ve missed though I’m still not aware that would constitute an increase.

• Simon
    Simon
    I indicated that I haven’t observed an increase

So you're now trying to change it to whether there has been a change in the amount, not whether it happens or not?

Wow, it's like trying to nail jello to a wall!

If these things didn't happen 20 years ago (and I don't believe they did) ...

... and they happen now

... then wouldn't that be .... an increase?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Simon:

So you're now trying to change it to whether there has been a change in the amount, not whether it happens or not?

Nope. I have consistently stated throughout this thread that anti-white racism exists in general society.

If these things didn't happen 20 years ago (and I don't believe they did) ...

‘Indigenous identified’ positions were a thing here 20 and 30 years ago. I haven’t seen an increase. But they’re usually for low pay in remote areas.

• minimus
    minimus

So in answer to my question, do you think white people are being discriminated against?......it seems like the answer is yes.

In general society I definitely see an increase in racism against whites.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

minimus:

So in answer to my question, do you think white people are being discriminated against?......it seems like the answer is yes.

“Are being discriminated against” implies a specific situation as opposed to simply asking whether it happens at all. There is a difference between actual racism that affects people and the kind of nonsense in buzzfeed and tabloid media though. But even after clearly articulating that anti-white racism does occur in general society, I got ridiculed and misrepresented anyway. 🤣 Seems that racism isn’t the only kind of discrimination on the ‘increase’.

• iXav
    iXav
    Simonan hour ago
    Little of that type of racism has any real effect on day-to-day life.

So giving an inferior candidate your spot at university ...

Promoting an inferior work colleague because of a diversity quota & PR ...

Not hiring someone on the basis of their race ...

You don't think these have any real effect on people's day-to-day life?

The issue with the above statement is that it tries to place the blame on the victim (inferior candidate) of a rigged system. He didn't build the system but it this case the system works to his advantage and he will be foolish not to take it.

If a male colleagues gets more salary and a female employee for doing the same job. Blaming the male employee for benefiting from an unjust system is only trying to shift the blame. The problem is with the employer.

The point of "inferior candidate" is relative. Some of those taking your spot at a University are giving your spot because their parents are loaded. Why blame the inferior candidate taking your place when the system gave it to him?

As they say, "don't hate the player, hate the game"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit