Do You Think White People Are Being Discriminated Against?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some call it reverse discrimination. Whatever you want to refer to as, in your opinion, are white people being unfairly picked on? It seems acceptable that if you are white you are viewed with disdain. Many white people feel the need to apologize for being white.

Are white people in your view, being targeted simply because of their color??

• Justmemorph
  • mynameislame
    mynameislame

Nah. But I do think white people are expected to be more PC than other cultures.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Not broadly. If you pay attention to nonsense (think 'Buzzfeed' and tedious activism groups ), you will see more racist rhetoric against white people. But away from the nonsense, day-to-day racism against white people doesn't seem to have increased. The US is a bit nuts about this kind of thing though so it may be different there.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

It's pretty rare but it can happen. I'll leave it at that.

• Simon
    Simon
    But away from the nonsense, day-to-day racism against white people doesn't seem to have increased.

That's not true. Anytime there is "positive" discrimination, then by definition there is someone being negatively discriminated against. If it's based on skin color then it's racist and it's unfair to the person who is the victim of it and would have otherwise won on merit and achievement.

It doesn't matter if it's employment quotas, or different admission-marks for university or some other accreditation, if it's a different system based on race then it's racism.

That makes anyone supporting it or not working to remove it a racist.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

There is no doubt that Whites are being discriminated against and are being held responsible for other white peoples actions. If some black guy kills and rapes your wife its just this one of and mama sat him backwards on the toilet seat and he has a legitimate right to be angry bla bla bla. But some white guy shoots some black guy even in self defense and its racist. Don't agree with the PC or Woke crap BS you are a racist. I am hoping to see some ass kicked next midterm. We need a NAAWP for whites now. The leftist idiots are all about destroying Americas culture for power. They are stupid and dangerous. I can see a time coming if they don't tone it down where we are in a hot civil war and many bodies will be piled up.

• vienne
    vienne

yes.

• minimus
    minimus

KKK and other groups attract people because they are the other extreme and believe they are better simply because of their color. I’ve never seen so much said negatively because of being white. I don’t apologize for my color or genes. We all who we are. Embrace it but don’t think any group is better simply because of color. It’s stupid

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Simon:

It doesn't matter if it's employment quotas, or different admission-marks for university or some other accreditation, if it's a different system based on race then it's racism.

I don’t recall saying otherwise. Not seeing any increase of that in my country. Your mileage may vary.

That makes anyone supporting it or not working to remove it a racist.

That’s like saying anyone not actively working to cure cancer is pro-cancer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit