am I trying to get myself disfellowshipped?

by acsot 25 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot

Maybe, but I figure 1/11th of $30 million is worth it!

I just bought (along with a few others from work) my first lottery ticket. The only problem is, if we win, our pics and names get published, and if a dub sees it, then it's curtains for yours truly.

I'm maybe the only person in this area's lottery history who is ambivalent about winning $2.72 million.

But I think I could adjust!

• sens
    sens

I doubt that they would care...if you repented and gave em a huge cut.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Do really give a rats ass what they think if you win 30 million?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well if you feel REALLY guilty if you win you can always donate all the money to a couple of worthwhile funds hehehe

• acsot
    acsot

sens: never thought of that!!!

shotgun: I don't know if you've read some of my earlier posts but I'm staying "in" for my mother who has had two strokes and a heart attack in the past six months; my "good standing" status is basically her only contact with those "loving" dubs around here. A few of them who really do have hearts of gold and have been helping out are why I have not rocked the boat lately. But ..... if I win then I can hire all kinds of people to stay with her and help her out . She lives with me and my becoming a greedy materialist putting my trust in the goddess of good luck would really put the brakes on any help or visits to her by the dubs.

But it's a risk I'm willing to take !

Lee: there'd definitely be donations to worthy funds!

• invictus
    invictus

it is funny how jws would go after people who buy a lottery ticket,yet I knew of so many of them who would fill any draw ticket -ballot wherever they see one. Or couple of years ago popular radio station had a weekly giveaway -$1000 ,by randomly calling residences; well so many of our brothers( even some former po`s and co`s) not only stayed at home by phone but recorded their massage on calling machine- " any time is (name of radio-station), now give me my money"?!

talk about pursuing only kingdom

• acsot
    acsot

Invictus: I know what you mean, there's a gal from my former hall who will send in every sweepstakes card she can get from Reader's Digest, internet contests, you name it. She used to have a really good job, then in order to put "kingdom interests first" she quit and has been doing very low-paying clerical part-time jobs ever since. She suffers from horrible migraines, can't pioneer any longer, but still refuses to go for better employment (she's been offered well-paying jobs) 'cause it would detract from the ministry(tm). So in the meantime she dreams and waits of winning big.

I'd love to win big also, but in the meantime I'm doing my best to improve my situation while I can.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The only problem is, if we win, our pics and names get published,

That should not be an issue. Just get a post office box in another area and use that as your address. Newspapers typically only publish pictures if it is a local person. I doubt that your name with a far-away city address would be suspicious to anyone.

Let us know when you win.

***** Rub a Dub

• Special K
    Special K

Holy Cow Ascot.. Your mom has had a rough 6 months..and then so have you.

I hope you win the money and can hire all the help she will ever need.. and then you will be free of the religious stuff of the J.W.'s..

Good luck and I'll cross my finger for you to win..

sincerely

special k

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Let me get this straight...

IF you win the LOTTERY (you are more likely to get bitten by a shark, or struck by lightning, or marry Elizabeth Taylor, BTW) you're first thought is going to be about HIDING from the WT????

Can't you see how much control they have over your thoughts? yeeesh.

You'll be a MILLIONAIRE! You won't have to put up with their crap if you don't want to!

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit