Where Do You Think Your Dear Loved Ones Are?

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since we were JWs at one time, has it influenced your view as to where your dead loved ones are now? I know many here do not believe in anything biblical but I’m curious as to whether you believe anyone is in heaven??

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

No such thing as "heaven" and no such thing as "hell". We did not exist before we were born and will not exist after we die. So, where do I think loved ones are? In the box on the mantle.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I believe there is too much going for the spirit realm to discount it. I don't believe in any iteration of a physical Paradise. If there's to be an afterlife, it's not related to our dimension.

• minimus
    minimus

It’s a question I think of more since my mother and brother passed away.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I'm sorry minimus, that's understandable.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I actually find much comfort in the knowledge that my dad, grandad and nana are dead and do not exist in any form whatsoever. Each of them suffered before they died and now the pain is over and im left with many, many happy memories.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

most are in the ground - my dad is ash.

i am sure thats where i will be too.

i am terrified of non-existence.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Considering I did not exist longer than I have existed, with little negative effect or memories, I have no reason to fear returning to non existence. Its the shutdown that holds any measure of fear. I just don't want a lot of pain as I switch off.
  • Finally Left
    Finally Left

I think about it a lot too. Isn't if odd that we used to know everything and come to find out we do not understand anything? I too feel an emptiness.

• minimus
    minimus

It’s true. No one can say with certainty that heaven does or doesn’t exist. Some will swear that their loved one communicates with them after death-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit