Where Do You Think Your Dear Loved Ones Are?

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

In Valhalla, where the brave live forever.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

They are part of the great eco-system of the planet Earth. Just like all that has lived before. Giving life to future living creatures. No heaven or hell just the great living cycle of Earth. Still Totally ADD

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If there was a future hope somewhere, somehow, I have to believe it would have been communicated to us in a very conclusive manner vs. through an ancient book Which is contradictory and lacking in reasonableness and fails to produce any conclusive evidence about any such hope.

I’m afraid that leaves me feeling very much is expressed by Mark Twain: I do not fear death because I did not exist for millions of years before I was born and never found it to be of any inconvenience whatsoever.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

my parents are both gone..but they live on in my memory. they dont send me messages. they were good people.

• Perry
    Perry

Thousands of cases of Terminal Lucidity cases shows that our soul lives, even after brain tissue is destroyed.

I believe that man was created in the image (similar to that) of an eternal God. And, man has an eternal soul.... so that no matter whatever happens to the body in a world capable of accidents, evil and decay, fellowship with God would never be at risk; unless of course we choose that. I think God respects our choices. Jesus said that not even a sparrow falls to the ground without God taking notice of it.

In this view, No one will ever be able to cease being conscious.... even if they desperately want to, because it is inherent to our nature, blueprint, construction etc.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Dust to dust. Then choose what to believe.

The thought that we only exist for 840 months and then face everlasting non-existence is a bleak outlook, even for those without a hope/faith in something better. Living a peaceful life and dying a peaceful death should be most people's hope at the very least.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Since we were JWs at one time, has it influenced your view as to where your dead loved ones are now? I know many here do not believe in anything biblical but I’m curious as to whether you believe anyone is in heaven??

This is a very interesting topic. I have mentioned before that when it comes to God/god/"god"/higher power/something out there, I don't have a belief, I have an attitude about it. I think that the same applies to where are my lost loved ones.

I don't know, but I also don't care. I don't feel like it's worth repeating what those who are non-believer think about christian and other religious believes regarding lost loved ones (or anybody else who has passed away for that matter).

I know that losing a loved one (I have lost a few) is painful, and I want to believe that their lives and the mark that they left in my life matter. And I guess I wish I knew that they are happy and ok if they are somewhere. That's the extend of how much I think about it. I celebrate their lives and the time that I had the opportunity of sharing with them.

I'm also sensitive, mindful and respectful of others who have different believes (or non-believes). Coping with their loss is very entangled with those believes, and I'm no one to mess with how others cope with losing a loved one. That's not the time or place for me to make a point or "being right".

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Perry:

Thanks so much for that link, it's very comforting. I love the concept of our brain being a receptor, a conduit for our 'real' conciousness in the spirit realm. On the similar subject of near death experiences, JWs would always insist such things were the product of mental illness, the subconscious, or demon tricks . . . That Samuel wasn't actually Samuel talking to Saul . . . That Moses and Elijah talking with Jesus were just spiritual holograms . . . That Abraham being in heaven in Jesus' illustration was just creative license . . . In the words of Han Solo in The Force Awakens:

"It's true . . . All of it."

• minimus
    minimus

Sometimes you just might look upwards and think our loved ones might, just might, be there.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Since energy can neither be created or destroyed, and all matter emanates from energy, we have existed for a much, much longer period of time than our precious few years on this particular rock. Its a fair bet that we will continue to exist as well. The question at hand relates more to our consciousness. Is it lost forever upon our death, or some how transferred to another place? Stay tuned!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit