Have You Been Invited To This Year’s Memorial ?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I hardly ever see JW door to door witnessing.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

they stopped by I think last weekend? Maybe it was two weekends ago. In any case, rang doorbell around 10am, peek outside, saw a teenager boy with a tie and a bag, and immediately knew if was them.

Opened the door and this older fellow standing next to the boy immediately pulled out an invitation and handed it over with a 10 second blurb about "commemorating death of Christ..." and "..millions of attendees every year...".

Usually i like to engage them in conversation, but it was cold and there was sister waiting on the sidewalk for them. Also you could tell they just wanted to drop it off and go, so i just said thank you and closed the door.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

We live two blocks from a KH and no invitation yet. Lets hope that holds true. Still Totally ADD

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m still waiting

• blondie
    blondie

Don't hold your breath, smiddy. Consider it a blessing. I live only 1/4 mile from KH. For every non-jw person who does comes to the memorial because of seeing an invite, witnesses have spent hours distributing tracts without any human contact, sort of like the carts.

• minimus
    minimus

I don’t want to be bothered with anyone

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

This year I have not been invited. I have been forgotten and rejected... and it feels very good, like a warm blanket on a cold night.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm going fishing and the Dubs in my family already know not to ask.

• Done
    Done

I received a text inviting me to go to the memorial about an hour away.

Nothing in print from the local hall about 4 miles away. They did leave a tract in my door about a week before Christmas so I don't expect them back until June at the soonest if they're like most halls I've been in around here.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I've said this before, and I'll say it again...

I can REJECT the emblems in the comfort of my living room recliner wearing only my underpants, I don't need to dress up in my Easter Bonnet to go to the Kingdom Hall just so I can reject the emblems while sitting on an uncomfortable "Theocratic" chair while being lectured to about how undeserving I am. BITE ME, WATCHTOWER!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit