Have You Been Invited To This Year’s Memorial ?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

NotInTheBible 13:1: And Jesus told his disciples to prepare a room for the pass over. "Go and seek a room for us and also a small crowd of humble ones. For tonight, by sharing a meal with you my disciples, I will be establishing a new covenant. As for the crowd, who will not be part of this covenant, and therefore, not partaking of the meal, they shall attest to our celebration from a small distance in prayerful silence.

Yep, that sounds like something Jesus would have said. NOT!

• jp1692
    jp1692

No, I have not. No one has even attempted to contact me in the last five years. So much for “love closer than a brother.”

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• Gayle
    Gayle

According to WT. 2018 Yearbook?report about 50% of listed "Lands" showed a decrease in Memorial Attendance.

I expect at least that again this next year. (If WT. dares to report any decrease numbers in future.)

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

6 years no sign of hide or hair of them at our home. Never call. Never ..

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I saw a waterlogged invitation in my yard, then checked my Ring doorbell for activity, and sure enough two came to my door and put the invitation in my door a couple weeks ago. They pointed at the invitation towards the doorbell, knowing it was recorded. I chuckled when they both checked the bottom of their shoes. My new puppy has filled up the front yard with dog poo. They likely got shoes full if they trekked across the yard.

• blondie
    blondie

Not yet, min, not for the last 4 years, The year before a tract was left in our door (I don't think the person knew we lived there and was just putting them in all the doors.

• minimus
    minimus

Text invitations are 😎 cool

• JRK
    JRK

NFW, just how I like it!

JK

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m still waiting ....waiting ....waiting what does that remind me of.

• dozy
    dozy

Not yet , but I guess still over a week to go. Occasionally I get an invitation through my door but less & less often nowadays. The JWs seem to be a lot less active in my area these days - a few of my friends have asked me whether they still go out door-to-door as they haven't had any contact at all for years and due to local bye laws , there isn't any trolley witnessing here so there isn't really any obvious activity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit