VICKI BOER - Mistakes we are making

by observador 14 Replies latest social current

• waiting
    waiting

o poo. Expat's been so reserved for so long (British) that's it refreshing to catch him once in a while. Besides - this is much more friendly than........"bttt" don'tcha think?

Randy Watters said he used to have open-to-all xjw cookouts at his place once a month for years. But hardly anyone came. This was many years ago, but it was also CA - which has many xjw's. He stopped - people just didn't seem to want to get to know each other, let alone unite. The Cult Seminar? Was advertised on Freeminds for MONTHS beforehand. We had threads about it. Approx. 20 xjw's came to it......and it was excellent.

But look at the apostafests/gatherings *spawning* up all over the place! We want to know each other. It's easier to unite if we know each other, imho.

So perhaps it IS time to become United XJW's (or something). We could even have our own thugs like Unions of the past (and WTBTS present). I know I'd like a tag under my name saying I was a card-holding member of the United Brotherhood of XJW's.

We could be A Force To Contend With.

waiting

• Prisca
    Prisca

http://www.non-prophet.com

This name would also instantly brand the website as being apostate. I know it's a clever use of words, but it will do nothing to encourage active JWs to look at the site.

Good points that you make, Observador! This campaign for Vicki needs to be organised in a professional way for it to be taken seriously.

• observador
    observador

Hello Prisca,

As I understand it, non-prophet.com is a web host provider, which is transparent to the visitor.

Rev has kindly promised to host the webpage for us.

Now, the domain name - like the one I suggested above - is a totally different thing. The domain name is what is typed on the browser window by the user. (or, in case the user came from a link, the domain name is what appears on the address field). The domain name needs to be choosen carefully and must be registered with a domain-name provider. Taking care of all this is what I'm voluteering for.

But thanks for your input.

Observador.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Thanks for the explanation, Observador. Now I understand.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

http://www.non-prophet.com

This name would also instantly brand the website as being apostate. I know it's a clever use of words, but it will do nothing to encourage active JWs to look at the site.
    ------------

The web address wasn't intended to necessarily appeal to JW's, but my reply on that would be that there are most likely many more non-jws looking for information to present to their JW friends and family than there are JWs looking for 'dirt' on their own religion. And those that ARE JW, should they stumble on a site that IS apostate, are either going to stay and read, or leave immediately no matter what the domain name is.

Simply from the content in the search engines they'll know if it's JW or ex-JW content (most times). And frankly, I'm not interested in 'fooling' people into leaving their religion, I could care less if they all sit and rot in Watchtower world. If they have doubts, they'll come and look for it no matter where they can find it. Once they cross that line, it's all uphill from there.

so, when I purchased the domain last year, I wasn't really looking to appeal to these people (JWs). Frankly I could care less what the hell they think I am :)

With that being said, my offer to host a site for free for this cause would not require that non-prophet.com carry a link to that particular site (or any site for that matter if the site owner didn't want such a link). So, if you guys need hosting for this thing, someone should email me about it and I can set you up.

Rev

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit