the Great Cntraction continues

by never a jw 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

At this rate we should see the WT corporation go full digital say 10 years , stop having meeting places for regular programing/indoctrination and thus have it all done cheaper and much lower cost having actors give nice little dramas with some nice music that you can down load at you convenience and list to on your electronic devises and thus sell all their KH real estate to pay the bill, and thus stop the this hemorrhaging of assets by liquidation.

Yes indeed the contraction should be picking up pace till maybe just some cheap studio in Warwick to make online films.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

as I've said before, locally congregations are in decline. few if any new members...older ones passing away...younger ones drifting. internet must have some affect on younger minds...Door to door work, or even trolley work, seems to have declined markedly....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wondrous. :smirk:

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

It shows how tough things are for the watchtower that even though they have been making cuts since 2012 they are still having to talk about selling kingdom halls off

• never a jw
    never a jw

That's it: Wondrous expansion/contraction!

Not Great contraction. In JW lingo the word "Great" is used next to tribulation. Sorry I misapply the JW lingo. You have to excuse me. I attended many meetings and conventions with my wife over the years, but they went over my head because I would sleep through the whole thing.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

The number of self-deporting undocumented/illegal (your choice of term) immigrants in the US has been significant in the last year. It's no secret that many Spanish congregations the West Coast of the US have/had a significant number of members who were living in the US illegally.

I'm sure the numbers of people deciding to self-deport, or not even come to the US in the first place are having an impact on publisher numbers in the Spanish congregations.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

One-upsmanship is a game best played in public.

jst lrnd tht my wf's cngrgtns wll sn b dsbndd. Hr cngrgtn wll dspp (Chng Spnsh n Nrth Hllywd n Sthrn Clfrn). ll th mmbrs wll b ddd t thr nghbrng cngrgtns. ctlly wtnssd wth my wn ys th grt xpnsn f Spnsh cngrgtns n th 90's. Ths vry cngrgtn ws sd t cntrbt hlf f th mmbrs f nw cngrgtn n th lt 90's t th sm tm mny thr cngrgtn wr splttng t crt nw cngrgtns bcs thy wr rcrtng mny nw mmbrs. 20 yrs ltr th xpnsn prcss s bng rvrsd, vn n th mmgrnt, pr, nslr cmmnts f Clfrn..

Thnk y l Gr fr nvntng th ntrnt!!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Respectful_observer, why do you make the claim that the illegal Latin population is self deporting in high numbers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit