The Reason exJWs Talk About Politics As Much As They Do Here

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla
    My jw (secretly) LOVES politics! it drives me crazy, when I have had enough I sweetly ask him, "I thought you were neutral?" it gives me a reprieve for a short while. Unless he is really on a roll then he says he is neutral and is just keeping up with what is going on in the world, sigh. Then I remind him the true meaning of neutral and point out he is spouting his opinion which is most definitely not neutral. I think jw-ism and political talk is much the same, both don't want to hear your opinion and only want to preach at you thinking they have some special 'truth' that the rest of us are too stupid to get. We are not too stupid, we just don't agree.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I still hate politics. I hate politicians. It's all a big con.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ beth sarim...

Honestly, I think that - on some level - they're just tired of waiting. :smirk:

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good Op - we talk politics here because this forum has given us our voices.

Just out of interest, is the WT really politically neutral? It heavily criticizes Western governments and Christendom (nothing wrong with that) but stays silent on other governments and religions (e.g. Hinduism, Islam).

Is the WT really neutral, or could it be described as anti-West?

I don't know the answer but am genuinely interested in this.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I don't know how tiring that must be to wait forever for something. Something which never comes to pass. Then realizing you're going to grow old and pass on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit