The Reason exJWs Talk About Politics As Much As They Do Here

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus
    We nev could talk about politics. Period. Now we have the freedom of speech!👍👍👍
  • coalize
    coalize
    "Freedom of speech" includes the freedom to not speak what you don't feel to speak ;)
  • minimus
    minimus
    I think exjws are eager to get involve d in politics and let their views be known. The only person I talked politics, growing up , was my so called worldly uncle. I loved being able to express my views. Now, I love talking politics. It is refreshing.
  • park ave boy
    park ave boy

Well I have always been secretly involved in politics since I was in high school and got my voter registration card while I still was considered an active publisher.

But you are right. My father is now getting very much into politics and hoping to bring some much needed change to this country.

PM if you want to hear my political story. ;)

• coalize
    coalize

Me too I love to speak about politics now...

But I don't like To speak sont much about politics when it's not a political-dedicated place.

I don't like to see political fights divide people in a place where they should be together for a reason, whatever it is.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I do think that talking about politics and religion pisses people off.

And it is hard to get all of your ducks in the row either politically or religiously.

Which makes me believe that the powers that be are very good at using and manipulating

the Machevaliean concept of dividing and conquering.

Views are opinions and opinions are like noses everybody has one.

If you are a free thinker you will not agree with others and you will always be stirring things up.

Many people don't like friction that is why they join religions and political parties.

Birds of a feather flock together.

But it can get pretty boring scratching with a bunch of turkeys all the time.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I have always been fascinated by the cut and thrust of politics, also the way different governments are structured and formed. Now I can indulge myself again. Thanks to TTATT.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I realized long before I left that I was... well... left.
  • minimus
    minimus
    Lol...I'm right.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I think a lot of JW's talk about politics and stuff similar I'm guessing is because of this. Each beginning term of leadership, especially U.S. presidency, they believe the New President will be the one who starts Babylon the Great. With the pipe dream ''fall of religion'' administered by the United Nations.

You always here JW's say that. With the start of each New Presidency '''could this be the man who is at the helm when the GT starts?''

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit