Inactive

by ScottyRex 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

Inactive.......hmmm, what an interesting title (notice, not phrase) That's me. Not a title I ascribe myself, one foisted on me.

JWD -yes. JW Memorial, why of course too.

Valid posts on here....yes. Good people-no doubt. Agree with the majority of posters on here?-No. Here's why, no balance.......anger clouds balance,(Yoda here) and watching these posts for 10 years plus doesn't make me feel any better.

That's not a criticism of posters on here just that every single tiny nuance of JW'ism is slagged and ridiculed. No balance. ridicule and a skeptic view constantly. Nothing is right. Right? It's ALL wrong...right? The TRUTH....WHAT A GLORIOUS PHRASE. I loved it, not sure any more. No Balance.

In turn I wonder about posters with 10,000 posts under their belt over 10 or more years......what's up?? What's that about? Are you truly sure..........10 plus years....that's a lot of trying do disprove something you once thought was right.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Or maybe it's a lot of trying to help newbies and lurkers out of the trap we have successfully escaped from.

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex
    yes maybe nicolaau.........maybe.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

"That's not a criticism of posters on here just that every single tiny nuance of JW'ism is slagged and ridiculed"

That's because when abuse occurs some speak out that it is wrong. There are many many posters on here that have been abused in awful ways. Some things I would not do to an animal. We left "Jehovahs loving organization" for just that....PLAIN AND SIMPLE ABUSE. Some may stick around and allow it. Others, like us, have had ENOUGH AND ARE NOT AFRAID TO SAY....ENOUGH!

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

wow......just wow Toesup.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I'm not sure what your point is ScottyRex. Do you want us to find some "good" in this religion? That might be a tall order for some of us.

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

no of course not MYName......I don't expect that at all. One question- does your now position exclude that possible order?

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

ScottyRex...I could probably find good in everything. Almost everything. I grew up in this religion. My 90 year old grandmother is of the anointed (if that even means anything anymore). It angers me that I spent most of my life not living it how I wanted to live it. Granted, I turned out fairly well. I can't say that for many others. My wife is still in and to say that our marriage is strained is an understatement. I have no friends because my wife made me get rid of them because they were "worldly" (this was before I woke fully up). I can't talk to anyone one-on-one about my personal issues, or anything for that matter. I had to give up my best friend. For what?

I can go on and on. Tell me ScottyRex, what good do you see?

• millie210
    millie210

Hi ScottyRex,

Of course there is some good in the JW religion.

There is almost always some good in everything.

To say something is all good or all bad is not usually accurate.

Some extreme examples?

Even Hitler did some good...remember the subdivisions full of homes? The improved highways? What about Kindergarten?

I had a JW elder neighbor who beat his kids after meetings for not commenting enough at the meeting.

But he was good to his dog. His dog rode with him in his truck and always seemed happy and unafraid.

This man also did a lot for people who couldnt work on their own homes (he was a carpenter) all bad? No.

How do his children feel?

They are grown now and still try to cope with those feelings brought on by their midweek after meeting beatings.

My point?

We have to respect where people are now based on their reality.

Many times, healing involves validating a person where they are at that moment.

Rarely does it involve demanding that they see the other side of things.

That is for later, after healing and only on the terms of the wronged person.

This website has never claimed to be here to promote a balanced view of the Org. It is here to help people.

And in that, it is the gold standard of websites.

“We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are.”- talmudic origins

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do you want us to find some "good"

in this religion?....My Name is of No Consequence

That's like looking for a..

Kernel of Corn in a Bucket of Sh*t..

Image result for Kernel of cornImage result for Bucket of shit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit