What’s Your Prediction For Covid & Its Consequences?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Will we close down again? Will we be masked forever? Will we be required to get vaccinated over and over again? Is this the new normal??

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Pretty hard to say at the moment. A few weeks ago it looked promising because vaccines were rolling out fast and cases and deaths were going down. It looked like the end of the pandemic was in sight.

Now it turns out the vaccines don’t actually stop you getting the virus at all, but they do stop most people from dying. Some in the media seem to be pretending that was the deal all along, but I am pretty sure that initially we were told the vaccines would stop the virus spreading. That was the whole point, and much vaunted ‘herd immunity’ would be achieved. That seems to be out the window now.

Another thing that’s changed: first of all they said you should get the second vaccine three weeks after the first, but later they changed their mind and say it’s optimal to leave at least 8 weeks between vaccines. They seem to be making it up as they go along. If they don’t actually know how the vaccines works and when is best to get them, do they really know that they are safe?

Plus there’s the theory by vaccine expert Geert Vanden Bossche that using non-sterilising vaccines (that don’t actually stop the spread of the virus) actually accelerates mutations and the likelihood of creating variants that evade vaccines altogether, spread more easily, and possibly even cause worse illness. That’s the worst case scenario. I guess we’ll find out in the next few months which way it will go.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It all depends who will be in power in your area.

In the US, Dems have another 12-18 months to create their utopia, their ratings are dropping quickly. They have a few more tricks like stacking the Supreme Court and the current spate of Gerrymandering they’re doing. Europe is done for, they will soon be a puppet to the Chinese like much of Africa and Asia already is, some countries will try to split from the EU but unless we have a return of great leaders in the US, they will be like Poland or Ukraine or countries like France and Germany may split again like East Germany or Nazi France.

We will see a post world war boom in free areas and a return to a USSR-era Cold War communist-style government in others, with fights between factions and free people while countries like the EU will either splinter or muddle on and require handouts from the free areas for the next 50 years.

• NewLight
    NewLight

I don’t want to be a “prophet after Christ”, it’s difficult to tell what exactly will happen.

First of all, I think we are lucky to have a vaccine -during the ‘Spanish flu’ there was none.

I would say it depends mainly on the course of mutations. As things are today, I believe a third dose of the vaccine will probably be needed for many people. There is a small probability for a fourth dose, but I think somewhere there it will be the end of the pandemic.

I’m not that concerned about the coronavirus - I’m more concerned about the viruses of misinformation and hatred. 😉

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Will we close down again? Will we be masked forever? Will we be required to get vaccinated over and over again?

Easy questions to answer. As long as there are government rulers who love power, and hate the people; YES to all three questions. As long as there are enough gullible, useful idiots who believe government has all the answers and that the subjects must follow the government orders; YES.

I guess we’ll find out in the next few months which way it will go.

And that is why I choose to wait and see.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

As of the latest information, Covid is going to be sneaking around for while yet, until a vaccine is developed that makes it 100% effective to block it.

Social restrictions will be lifted but proof of vaccination will be a common occurrence, especially for cross border travel.

I'm suspecting that booster shots are also going to be implemented for at least a while too.

In the future I believe eventually the Covid virus will be see and accepted as just another flu virus and have the same capability of transmission as existing known common flues .

Continuing public vaccinations are going to help toward that to happen.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What interests me is how our experience of living in, and through a pandemic may change Society.

I am hoping that the majority view that we need to be responsible in our own actions, to protect ourselves, but , importantly, to protect others, will remain.

Before the Pandemic people coughed and sneezed regardless of spreading illness to others, I hope that selfish, slobbish attitude is a thing of history.

I am hoping that stupid Anti-vaxxers and conspiracy Theorists will have lost any traction before the next Pandemic.

I live in Hope.

• minimus
    minimus

Slim, I enjoyed your comments!

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

One of my Uncles said "JEHOVAH'S KINGDOM SHOULD BE HERE BEFORE ANOTHER VIRUS PANDEMIC"

• alanv
    alanv

I do think that as flu, there will need to be a yearly booster jab for vulnerable people. Flu evolves each year, and covid probably will too, so there will be a need to tweek the vaccine each year.

One slight plus that has emerged is to make us all realize how easy it is to pass on an infection from one person to another. So more hand washing, less touching of others, and more meet ups outdoors wherever possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit