Holy Spirit - Present or Gone in the Congregations?

by BourneIdentity 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why invoke some supernatural being?

Because from a theological perspective (scriptural) the WTS and the men who been running it have been active in apostasy or anti Christian behavior.

Being a false prophet is condemned in the bible, even if it was done so as a deliberate intent of proliferating literature.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I don't follow, but to each their own.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

A friend of ours in Australia has stopped going to the meetings because of seeing the problems in the congregation there. They were bold (or crazy) enough to announce the fact on their Facebook page. Immediately the posts started rolling in either urging them to go back, to seek out the elders, or criticizing them for not opposing the Devil.

The post that really made me laugh was the one which said, "Oh you have to return to the congregation's Kingdom Hall because it's the only place in the world where Jehovah is with his Holy Spirit."

And I thought how ignorant of Bible knowledge the writer must be for Christ said that God does not dwell in handmade temples. And besides if you believe in God as the Almighty One then HE is God over every creation, not inside one tiny building and His holy spirit is working across the globe. It's laughable that anyone can think God is somehow anchored above each Kingdom Hall and nowhere else.

• blondie
    blondie

"Oh you have to return to the congregation's Kingdom Hall because it's the only place in the world where Jehovah is with his Holy Spirit."

But what if the actions locally and globally and at headquarters prove that god's holy spirit is not there?

There is always the out "wait on Jehovah"

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

All 8.6 million publishers have said hundreds of times ”wait on Jehovah”, which is evidence his Spirit isn’t blessing the Organization.

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

I was born in (1958) and I never felt anything except confused, lonely and frightened. Later on very angry.

No offense to those who believe but the evidence tells me they never were under Holy Spirit, there is no such entity/force.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    No offense to those who believe but the evidence tells me they never were under Holy Spirit,

You're right Tantalon...as evidenced by Toxic Tony Morris' video...just under the influence...aye!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

"Oh you have to return to the congregation's Kingdom Hall because it's the only place in the world where Jehovah is with his Holy Spirit."

And when they, the Jehovah`s witnesses sell that Kingdom hall dedicated to Jehovah to one of Christendom`s churches as they do , then

presumably Jehovah`s holy Spirit now remains in one of Christendom`s Churches.
    If a Dedication of a kingdom hall to Jehovah can become null and void ,then why

can`t a person / individuals dedication to Jehovah by water baptism become null and void when that person / individual for whatever reason decides to leave the religion of Jehovah`s witnesses ?

Their is no negative effects with a building or the "Brothers" who are responsible for the sale of a KH to a religion of Christendom ,so why should there be any negative effects with any of the rank and file brothers and sisters who decide to leave the religion.

A Kingdom hall that has now become a Church of Christendom speaks volumes against Jehovah`s Witnesses as a "True "religion

• blondie
    blondie

I looked at the original question: present or gone. Add never there which is my choice.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Tantalon said, "...I never felt anything except confused, lonely and frightened. Later on very angry."

Not long ago I suggested the the "Three Pillars of JWism" were

• Shame (like Adam & Eve in Eden, realizing for the first time that they were naked.)
    • Guilt (like Israelites who were incapable of keeping the Mosaic Law)
    • Anger (like nascent apostates, understanding that they have been lied to about EVERYTHING)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit