Christians interpret positive emotions as 'Holy Spirit'. It is entirely subjective.
Holy Spirit - Present or Gone in the Congregations?
The new World Translation of The Christian Greek Scriptures as JW`s like to call it otherwise known as The New Testament by most other Christians contains this interesting fact.
1. Their are something like 20 scriptures in the New Testament that charges Christians to be witnesses to, , for, or about Jesus Christ ......Not Jehovah
2 .In Php.2:10 "That in the name of Jesus every knee should bend those in Heaven those on earth and those under the ground" .......Not Jehovah
3. Their are no scriptures none at all in the New Testament /Christian Greek scriptures that admonish Christians to witness to,for, or about Jehovah
4. Isa.43:10-12 that JW`s like to bring up ,however notice that the Jews / Israelites never ever adopted that name ? And when Jesus was on the earth he never challenged the Jews for not adopting that name .
5. Isa.62:2 b "And you will actually be called by a new name which the very mouth of Jehovah will designate"
6. Acts.11:26 b " And it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians"
Do i need to highlight that it was by DIVINE PROVIDENCE that they were called Christians and not Jehovah`s Witnesses ?
7. The publication the WTB&TS printed ,The Kingdom Interlinear Of The Christian Greek Scriptures never contained the Tetragrammaton in either Hebrew or Greek letters a word for word Greek text into English and the name of God they render Jehovah never appears there.
So my question to you and anybody else who thinks that way is :
Was GOD / JEHOVAH`s HOLY SPIRIT ever with the International Bible Students Association that morphed into the Jehovah`s Witness religion in the first place ?
Judging by the above I would say no
What do you say ?
I attended meetings from infancy, 1960 to about 1983. Never felt any Holy Spirit.
After hearing about all the 'urgency' I attended my first meeting and come away thinking what the hell was that all about. It was like a board room business meeting.
the very mention of the possibility of the "holy spirit" being present in these mind numbing,dull,repetitive events attended by the educationally subnormal,society misfits and deviants worldwide is preposterous
I think it was the ones who had parts on the meeting. They were true believers, they were enthusiastic and prepared to actually share something meaningful with the congregation. A meeting with no downers!
Yea, there actually are meaningful ways to discuss scriptures, but it's not by parroting words from the WT publications.
Nostalgia is nothing like it used to be.
You would think it was 1974 all over again in my congregation! The delusion runs deep and contagious
The Holy Spirit was neither active nor inactive in the congregation. The Holy Spirit has never guided a group of imperfect men to appoint anyone. The Holy Spirit never had a direct connection or influence on any JW doctrine or interpretation ever printed. The idea of the Holy Spirit being present in a JW congregation was just another narcissistic insular view from the WTS leadership to make its members feel special, important and that they were in an elite and only true religion. Successes and failures come and go in any group whether they are secular or religious.
Once we wake-up, we quickly discover this was just another “man made” religion from DAY ONE. It was all a patchwork of senseless and even life-threatening doctrines (vaccines, transplants, blood). When we fact check this man made religion, then all that we heard and felt in the past no longer has any substance or reality.
Felt many things but "Holy Spirit" certainly wasn't one of them.