Going out in service.

by Fader812 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

What always disgusted me when I was a devoted jw was the "hot topic" for discussion among the pioneers around the middle of August every year. "Did you get you TIME in"?, "Are you going to get your TIME in?", "Did you make your TIME?"

It was always about time and not about people! When the CO came around, his question to the elders. "How can we help the pioneers to get their TIME in?"

just saying!

• Fader812
    Fader812

We would do so-called early morning witnessing, go to field service meeting and go get breakfast and call it a day. I found any way to get out of going door to door, it turns my stomach just thinking about it.

• backformore
    backformore

I can't even remember all the time we spent talking to Wendy Donaldson.

You know, Wendy's and McDonalds.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FADER812:

I hated it as well. I felt it was somehow unnatural to be bothering people and also because I wasn't 100% convinced about what I was supposed to believe in the first place.

I also don't buy that it's a "warning work". That's a load of garbage. If there's a real warning to the public you'd use the media, not door to door.

Since public ministry is their trademark of sorts, I figure they want to be visible. That's why those carts are a good invention for them.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Hanging out for breakfast afterwards with family and good friends is very nice.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit