London Bethelites Living on Their Nerves?

by The Searcher 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Just a curiosity question. Are the rank and file members in the congregations aware of what's going on with this downsizing?
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Hopefully when these Bethelites get their "walking papers" its that nice kind that Bibles are printed on.
  • sparky1
    sparky1
    Ahhhhhh....stuckinarut2, I think you could strike a nerve with poor "Mother"! "It would be funny if the VALUABLE ones left of their own accord." I saw this with my own eyes in the 1976 'setting aside the 4 year plus vow' if you wanted to no longer be a Bethelite. Many real and genuine Christians just up and left because they had no interest in Bethel service anymore. I don't think "Mother" will make that mistake again. "Mother" can be a real bitch. If you leave of your own accord she feels slighted and powerless, but if she 'terminates your service' , she feels powerful and controlling. Remember "Mothers" love, Billy?
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I'm sure many at many bethels around the world are searching the internet like crazy to find out clues along with lots of laid off COs. about what is going on at bethel and not expecting straight answers from the Governing Body are uncovering all kinds of shit at lighting speed.
  • jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

@ Village idiot.

Yes, here in oztralia it is a bewildering topic for most at all

levels. Many, due to cognitive dissonance just get the

'Rabbit in the spotlight look' when the topic is mentioned.

But if you speak with any you can trust (and only time will prove whom they may be))

they open right up and admit "clearly, something big is amiss".

jtg.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Every member of the London Bethelites is thinking , Nah , it`s not going to happen to me .

smiddy

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Maybe the organization is going to follow the path of Paul's lifestyle.

This months Awake even says under the heading, "religion and money": "WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS: The Bible writer Paul wrote: "We are not making a profit from the word of God."" Then it goes on to say. "Even though Paul was a prominent minister in the early Christian congregation, he often did manual work so as not to impose a financial burden on others. His attitude reflected his obedience to Jesus' command: "You received free, give free."

If they make everyone at Bethel and in the circuit work get a secular job then there will be loads of savings for the Warwick compound.

• Listener
    Listener

For the ones that are left, "Mother" has stopped washing their clothes, ironing their shirts, cleaning their rooms and making some of their meals. She's becoming very liberated.

(I hope that doesn't offend anyone, you just don't know these days)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    They can spin this move as much as they like, but the fact is, the money is running out, and that proves that God is not backing the organisation!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Although I suspect that the majority of the rank and file are clueless about the layoffs at Bethel(s). it must begin to filter down. Word of mouth will carry this and before long most of the rank and file will hear about it. If money runs out, it proves that God is not backing the Borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit