London Bethelites Living on Their Nerves?

by The Searcher 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Just got home and received information from a source regarding London Bethel:

A Bethel couple told my source that they are getting rid of about 20/25 Bethelites every week and that if they are to go, they will get called in on a Friday and given their leaving date.
    Everyone is "on edge" and hoping that if they get the boot, they've got time to make alternative plans.

Perhaps Bethelites everywhere should apply this scripture, by looking for a job and accommodation now - and then just resign from their "vow of poverty" without giving advance warning.

(Proverbs 22:3) "The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself, But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences."

If anyone asks why you left - it was to save a fellow Bethelite from being booted!

Why wait for your execution when the door to freedom is wide open? Leave with you dignity & self-respect intact!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yeah, it must be agonizing for the ones who don't have a plan B.

Like a cruel game of Bethel roulette.

• cofty
    cofty
    What a horrible employer the Watchtower is.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    It would be so good if several did this, throw a spanner in the works. Why wait to be pushed out when you can walk away on your own terms with your head held high?
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I will refrain from posting for a while. I've got to let the winds of November embrace me.Take care all.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Being part of the theocratically privileged is a mighty powerful drug that some would have a hard time walking away from voluntarily. You would have to pry it from their cold dead hands.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It would be funny if the VALUABLE ones (according to the society) left of their own choice, and this resulted in Bethel having to keep others that they would have wanted to get rid of!

• sparky1
    sparky1

I was a Bethelite in the United States in the 1970's and here is the standard request made to incoming Bethelites in those days. In 1976 I left and eventually bought into a small business where I was working. If I had fallen for this foolishness I would be 60 years old and broke! In early 1976 I was taking an older gentleman and his wife on tour at Watchtower Farms. He came right out and told me that he was a Bethelite in the 1940's and not to put too much stock in what the leaders preach. He said that in the 40's they were telling the Bethel family over and over that Armageddon was imminent. 'You will never have much of a life if you listen to everything that they say.', was his advice. I wish I could thank him for that fatherly wisdom, but I never found out his name or where he was from and he has probably long ago passed away.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Ifeel sorry for some of the people but it might wake some of them up
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

What a horrible employer the Watchtower is.

Cofty, it isn't just a Watchtower employer, it's the "bethel family".

The bethel family is the type of family where you have to do whatever "mother" asks. You don't say anything negative about the family to others. Working for the interests of this family is everything. And at any whim of mother, you can be kicked out of the family.

I used to be part of that family. But it was fake. A phony marketing scheme just like the "spiritual paradise", designed to snare and enslave. I'm sure there are still some good people--even future exJWs--that are slaving in that fake family today.

I'm so glad that I'm not any part of that dysfunctional family now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit