Hello Everyone, Another JW Has Left!

by SuperGirl 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Welcome to the forum - and to the rest of your life!

Don't change - continue being the caring and reasonable person your story shows, and let the shunners see that life is good better without them.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

Hello SuperGirl.

Delighted you made it this far.

I'm not here very often these days, but just to say that your story grabbed my attention and really warmed my cockles.

Thank you so much for sharing it here.

Wishing you all the best for a bright and happy future.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SUPER GIRL:

Welcome to the forum.

Your story is very interesting - especially the part where you say that when you were divorced you were treated like you had a disease and hardly invited anywhere, etc..I know how this felt because this was how I was treated there as a single woman with a full time job.

Yes, it’s a sick religion and a nut house and it sounds like it’s getting worse by the day. Glad I left the JWs years ago.

Enjoy your journey!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Welcome

I remember coming here and being terrified of apostates but they had the information I was looking for. Meeting one through an exjw site who lived locally was one of the scariest things I'd ever done but I knew I had to find out for myself if others felt like me.

Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz eliminated any last shreds of doubt, fear and guilt I had so definitely read it if you get a chance. Another book that really helped my recovery was Captive of a Concept by Don Cameron which debunked 1914 but I hear that date doesn't carry the significance it once did. Quelle surprise! The internet they originally condemned but then embraced must surely be waking up far more than it is recruiting.

Glad you found us and hopefully many more will follow you.

Amelia

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Welcome! And great story.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Welcome!!!

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Thanks for your unique perspective and Welcome!

• zeb
    zeb

Nut house --perfect.

welcome from Oz.

The comment by the older sr that they expected more 'food' not less is stellar. It tells me that the gb is into a bunker mentality and any are seeing this.

Thankyou for sharing your story. We are here for each other.

Read C of C and i recommend if you are into the details "The Gentile Times reconsidered" x Jonnson which will give you a further insight into how the gb treat people who dare to differ.

I read of Irish brothers who traveled to NY with concerns and the gb refused to even see them.

Live long and prosper in wisdom and health..

• LV101
    LV101

Welcome, SuperGirl -- and happy you've found the exit.

I hope many JWs are reading this site -- it offers freedom and the opportunity for a great life.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Amazing, well done. Your son is a legend, you have raised him well x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit