Gorby's question about current US situation

by Gorbatchov 40 Replies latest jw friends

• stillMS
    stillMS

I'm not that much informed about the details of the US inner politic situation, @Simon - but what I know for sure is that almost (or all) European radical far-right (as well as far-left) movements/parties are sponsored from Moscow.

My guess is something similar might be well happening in the US. It doesn't matter whether you're left or right, black or white, or whatever - they just need to create some chaos/violence (real 'civil war' would be the best scenario for your enemies).

• Simon
    Simon
    what I know for sure is that ...

No, you have been watching too much CNN. The Russia thing was all a hoax and you fell for it.

Ukraine is very, very different - that is actual direct Russian interference. Very different to a couple of hundred dollars worth of facebook ads that we're meant to believe altered an election.

The only Russian interference in the US has been the democrat collusion to invent a crime that they can impeach Trump for.

It doesn't matter whether you're left or right, black or white, or whatever

Actually, it does. This is all Antifa and BLM terrorizing neighbourhoods, attacking people and damaging property.

No "right" or "whatever" involved.

• stillMS
    stillMS

@Simon - I don't watch CNN at all, actually :) (as the rest of the US news - except ABCnews very occasionally).

But I wouldn't be that much sure about the absence of Russian influence specifically inside the US. They have their agents of influence world-wide (thanks to EU sponsoring them for decades via oil/gas trade) - why should the US be the exception?

I didn't mean to put the blame for loots, etc on your 'right' or whoever. I was just trying to say, it doesn't matter for your enemies who to use in order to spread chaos. Today, they might use BLM - tomorrow they might use whoever is ready to follow Russian goals, be it right, be it communists, be it white supremacists, islamists, etc. It's just the manner they do their bloody business

• Simon
    Simon
    But I wouldn't be that much sure about the absence of Russian influence specifically inside the US. They have their agents of influence world-wide (thanks to EU sponsoring them for decades via oil/gas trade) - why should the US be the exception?

So your "evidence" is simply supposition, it "could" be therefore it is?

There was a multi-million $$ investigation and they found nothing.

That should be considered evidence that it does not exist.

it doesn't matter for your enemies who to use in order to spread chaos. Today, they might use BLM - tomorrow they might use whoever is ready to follow Russian goals, be it right, be it communists, be it white supremacists, islamists, etc. It's just the manner they do their bloody business

Communists, Antfa and Islamists are all bedfellows under the same banner. BLM are dumb fucks who think the enemy of their enemy is their friend. It's an easy mistake to make, but fatal for their cause.

The media repeatedly tries to make out that "white supremacists" are the same thing and, in fact, the biggest threat to civilization as we know it. Yet I think you would struggle to come up with many things to back that up.

You are trying to do the same thing by slipping them in. This is an attempt to spread blame to people who are not involved and to diminish the responsibility of those who should bear sole accountability for what is happening.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SIMON:

I have to agree with you that IS what they are trying to do in this chaos and rioting: attempting to spread blame to people who are Not involved and to diminish responsibility to those who should bear SOLE accountability for what is happening.

All the destruction of property, businesses (even black owned) is totally senseless and the same pattern of what happens time and again in the country! I’m sure many businesses destroyed might not open again in those areas!!

In my region, Target and Walmart stores are closed and boarded up because they fear the possibility of looting and destruction, etc. This is particularly bad because these essential stores are the few stores open in this pandemic.

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

The media repeatedly tries to make out that "white supremacists" are the same thing and, in fact, the biggest threat to civilization as we know it. Yet I think you would struggle to come up with many things to back that up.

I disagree Simon white supremacist are a significant problem also. The largest loss.of.Life in the US due to domestic terrorism was perpetrated by a white supremacist. That was the Oklahoma bombing

According to the FBI, three-fourths of the 335 confirmed incidents of terrorism carried out inside the United States between 1980 and 2000 were carried out by American citizens or lawful permanent residents. The deadliest of these acts, the April 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, killed 168 people and injured more than 500.

There are other examples.of high mortality domestic terrorism committed by white supremacist in the US also. These include

Charleston Church Shooting (2015)

Tree of Life Synagogue Shooting (2018)

El Paso Walmart Shooting (2019)

I still think the rioting and looting is counterproductive, however I don't think any extremist group should get a pass for criminal behavior.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Simonsez: You're only including mass shootings. When you look at racially charged crime statistics from the FBI, you get a different picture. Sure black people don't go on a lone wolf rampage that makes the news, but plenty of race-driven crime happens against hispanics, asians and whites. Chicago alone has enough murders in a weekend to make any rampage shooter blush. Either way, any sort of extremism is bad.

On the other hand, we all have to do what we need to do to protect ourselves. At this point, it's clear the police in left-wing cities has been told to stand down, where I live, it's slowly spreading to suburbs, businesses are looted and torched throughout the day.

The place I used to live which was on the outskirts of the city had an attempted mass shooting at a Walmart by a BLM 'protestor' (terrorist) yet our police are simply 'holding the line', nobody is reporting on this, nobody is saying that BLM and Antifa are terrorists.

I currently live relatively far outside the city (20 minutes by car), one of 'the best places to live in the US' and all day we've been hearing fire trucks and police on the main road. Tomorrow I'm going to get my first gun, a short 9mm rifle, legal, portable, collapsible and light enough for home defense. Me and my neighbors will have to hold our line when it comes to it.

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

I am not discounting violence perpetrated by blacks I am just clarifying that white supremacist are also a threat to law and order. I was reacting to Simons quote

• stillMS
    stillMS

@Simon - you're repeatedly attacking my humble self instead of listening to what I'm actually trying to say. You blame me with the weird things and motives. Looks like you're really a bit overemotional these days...

I won't force any my opinion here - just wanted to share the experience we have here, in Ukraine (I know you may be pissed of with this country because of BS campaign in your media - but still..)

• titch
    titch

I thought that I'd bring out a "side-note" regarding the incident that happened in Minneapolis, MN, and the results that the incident has brought to the U.S. You know, what with the modern technology of cell-phone cameras, with which people---including law enforcement officers---can be recorded, and broadcast, far and wide via the Internet, you would think that law enforcement officers would be VERRRRRY careful about how they conduct themselves in carrying out their duties every day. I mean, Deven Chauven, didn't he know that he was being observed, watched, recorded on a cell-phone camera used by someone of the "citizenry"? Or, did it not matter to him? I wonder. What do you Folks think? Best Regards...

Titch

ad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit