Can we talk confidentially?

by wheelwithinwheel 14 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

""and don’t meet in an elder’s ‘office’."

Very wise. Should they ever catch up with me I plan to insist ,for a first meet anyway, on neutral ground. I know a quiet coffee shop.

• Incognito
    Incognito

If the photos in the OP are from the actual Lot video, notice how it is depicted females will 'snoop' as to what is being said behind closed doors. It is implied that males would not do such things.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    BluesBrothers: ...a quiet coffee shop

A noisy one is better. Background noise makes it more difficult for a sneaky elder to decide to "get a second witness" in the form of a voice recording. Jus' sayin'...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DOZY:

Yeah, they are worthless. There is no confidentiality there. It is a myth that we have all seen busted.

At least a priest only talks to other priests; an elder talks to anybody. What happens if he is removed or steps down? What about all the secrets he's been told? Everybody is at the mercy of his discretion - and that is assuming he even has any.

In other professions (law and medicine) they are legally bound by client or patient confidentiality...What are Witnesses bound by?? A big fat zero that's what. These bastards feel unaccountable and are arrogant on top of it.

What a mistake for all of us to have put our trust in this sham.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am fascinated by the stories about the forced sale of the bakery and the disabled young man watching the reaction of the family members to a DF announcement.

It is so interesting the kinds of shit the cult causes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit