STUDY ARTICLE When a Loved One Leaves Jehovah

by RULES & REGULATIONS 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

its such a proven formula.

Young JW family--daddy finally decides enough is enough with this stupid cult--and quits. Quickly the machine kicks into life and the cult emotionally supports the wife and in no time the family is broken. Daddy is no longer good enough and mummy keeps the kids and daddy is rejected from their lives.

Happened to me--and also to my son--history repeating itself.

Anyone else recognise the pattern ?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Stan. Except the emotional support . more likely manipulated

• Biahi
    Biahi

This hateful, 💩, organization has much to answer for. I wouldn’t want to be in their shoes on judgment day.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    12 By supporting the elders’ decision to disfellowship your loved one, you may actually help him to return to Jehovah. “Severing family association with our adult son was extremely difficult,” admits Elizabeth, quoted earlier. “But after he returned to Jehovah, he admitted that he deserved to be disfellowshipped. In time, he expressed appreciation for the lessons he learned. I came to value Jehovah’s discipline,” she says. Her husband, Mark, adds: “Much later, our son told me that he wanted to come back in part because we did exactly what we had to do. I’m so glad Jehovah helped us to be obedient.”

My cousin was disfellowshipped over 24 years ago when he was 20 years old. He is not welcome to any family functions. He has two young children ( a 3 year old and a one year old) who have not seen their grandfather ( an elder ). His father refuses to see his grandkids and his son. His father told that him that he cannot have any association with him '' until you come back to Jehovah.''

My cousin told me that he will never go back. He said, "Why would I go back after being treated like this?''

When my cousin's one year old was born, my cousin's father sent him a baby gift with a congratulations card. It was only addressed to his wife and grandkids. He didn't even have the decency to put his son's name on the card.

• hoser
    hoser

After they run the father off the elders can hook up this 30 something single mother of 2 kids with 55 year old combover elder.

If any of you are wondering why many of us pretend to believe this is why. We don’t want to lose our families.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

In reading this post it jogged my memory of a similar picture. The last one involved an adult son leaving the home with the distraught parents in the foreground. Now the WT leaders have flipped this around to be the husband/father heading out the front door & the distraught wife & kids in the foreground. Truly this is one religion that will never be reformed.

2011 July 15, WT pg. 31

When Someone We Love Leaves Jehovah

14, 15. What is the real decision that parents of disfellowshipped children must make?

14. Our hearts go out to those parents. After all, their son had a choice, and he chose to pursue his unchristian lifestyle rather than to continue to enjoy close association with his parents and other fellow believers. The parents, on the other hand, had no say in the matter. No wonder they feel helpless!

15. But what will those dear parents do? Will they obey Jehovah’s clear direction? Or will they rationalize that they can have regular association with their disfellowshipped son and call it “necessary family business”? In making their decision, they must not fail to consider how Jehovah feels about what they are doing. His purpose is to keep the organization clean and, if possible, to incite wrongdoers to come to their senses. How can Christian parents support that purpose?

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Mental manipulation and coercion is the game the leaders of the JWS play onto people, why ? because if they do that they gain new supportive adherents and sustain the ones they got (increase in numbers) which whom will inevitable bring money, glory and power to the men at top. Men who want power have always looked to god for that power, selling themselves upon that premise lures people toward them who usually bring them material wealth and control.

Religion has always been an act of mental exploitation and manipulation.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

6. How might a young person be affected when a parent leaves God?

6 ... I love my father, so when he was disfellowshipped, I constantly worried about his well-being. I even had panic attacks.”

6. How might a young person be affected when they fall asleep during a meeting, and know what awaits them at home?

A high state of anxiety that stays with them as they learn about Armageddon's fast approach.

garybuss

'I think the Watch Tower Society's agenda of creating a chronic state of anxiety in their followers provides an environment to maintain that anxiety to detriment and death. If a person doesn't suffer from anxiety when they start out as Jehovah's Witnesses they soon will. Being a Witnesses is to be anxious. That's the goal. That's the motivation to get the workers to work for the Society.

'The Society TRIES to "instill a state of urgency". A state of urgency is a small step away from a state of panic.'

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/114801/panic-attacks-jehovahs-witness

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

In the final analysis, we must personally decide whether we will serve Jehovah. (Josh. 24:15) So, grieving parents, fight the tendency to think that this tragedy must be your fault!

There was a P.O. in the upper Midwest (US) who said in a public talk titled "Are You Building With Fire Resistant Materials" that according to Proverbs 22: 6 which says "Train up a boy according to the way for him; even when he grows old he will not turn aside from it," that when a young person leaves da troof in later life it was because THE PARENTS FAILED to give them proper training. I asked him after the meeting if he REALLY meant what he said, or if I had misunderstood. He said he meant it. So I asked him to explain to me Adam and Eve, Satan, and Judas Iscariot. There were three or four brothers that had to hold us apart or the fists would have flown. That nitwit lives in central Arizona (US) now. I pity the poor schmucks that have to listen to him now.

• hoser
    hoser

FedUpJW

We had an elder who gave that talk in the circuit. Eventually all of his kids left the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit