STUDY ARTICLE When a Loved One Leaves Jehovah

by RULES & REGULATIONS 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

The picture shows a husband and father leaving ,why because he has found the ttatt and simply no longer wants to be a JW , but he is not happy but will respect his wife choice to continue to be a JW, because of her unreasonable behaviour and being manipulated by the elders and other Jws that he is to being viewed as a spiritually dangerous individual and he was forced to leave for simply exercising his basic human rights and because of that will suffer from having no or limited contact with his children.

Many other couples have different beliefs and still love each other and keep the family unit together this shows how manipulative and controlling the JW org is , and happy to destroy the family arrangement.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I picked up this recycled joke a long time ago. I think it applies to this article:

Q) What's the difference between Jehovah and the governing body?

A) Jehovah knows he's not the Governing Body.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    The picture shows a husband and father leaving

Fadeaway is on the right track here.

Only in the WT organization would someone feel compelled to leave home just because they wanted to change what church they go to. The elders would do everything in their power (which is considerable) to undermine that man's household if he ever speaks truth about the WT.

Who wants to live in a house where your family is conditioned to view you "the enemy" .... someone who is against God just because you point out the many WT errors?

The WT is the greatest threat against the institution of family ever devised.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The picture is manipulation art at its finest. Notice how they subtly conflate leaving "Jehovah" with "leaving the family".

The person leaving the Organization is in this way portrayed as someone cruel, who can leave his wife and children. The horror it puts in the hearts of JW wives and children: If daddy leaves Jehovah, he will then leave us too.

It's wicked manipulation. These guys are just wicked evil manipulators. Nauseating.

• cult classic
    cult classic
    Leave it to WT to conflate the pain of a husband and father leaving his family with leaving Jehovah. Of course, both can happen, but, ugh! So manipulative.
  • cult classic
    cult classic

LOL EdenOne. Exact sentiments! I just want to add, they ALWAYS do that. Usually it's a teen/young adult leaving the parents. That's an emotional time under the best of circumstances. Never mind adding any type of issue such as the kids marrying, going to college/military, drug addiction, etc.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    The person leaving the Organization is in this way portrayed as someone cruel, who can leave his wife and children. The horror it puts in the hearts of JW wives and children: If daddy leaves Jehovah, he will leave us too.

6 At times, a parent abandons the truth and even the family. (Ps. 27:10) This can be devastating for children who had looked up to the parent as a role model. Esther, whose father was disfellowshipped, says: “I cried often because I realized that he was not just drifting away from the truth. He was making a deliberate choice to leave Jehovah altogether. I love my father, so when he was disfellowshipped, I constantly worried about his well-being. I even had panic attacks.”

• hoser
    hoser

Jehovah’s witnesses sure break up a lot of families.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    "The WT is the greatest threat against the institution of family ever devised."

Soo true Sea Breeze!

I recently learned of a past JW acquaintance who got himself d'fed...couldn't take being separated and shunned by his 4 children after divorcing their mother. It's not that he didn't have visitation rights...the kids are soo indoctrinated that he had a tough time dealing with their shunning. So he called it quits & ended his life.

I've known my share of JWs who have put a rifle barrel in their mouth...put six-shooters to their heads...jumped out of a high building...put nooses around their necks...jumped from tall bridges...over-dosed! And in most if not all of these instances of suicide, WT's/JW's shunning policy played a huge role!

It bears repeating:

The WT is the greatest threat against the institution of family ever devised!

• hoser
    hoser

When a dfed person commits suicide it is truly tragic but unfortunately it plays into the watchtowers hands as they use it to show the final result of “Leaving Jehovah”.

Ive known my share of attempts and also completes. It is sad how this organization ruins lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit