Love or Hate... which is more powerful ????

by Hamas 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Hamas
    Hamas

I recieved an e mail from some nutcase banging on about Islam and religion in general. He quoted from some nut who once said :

We are only a handful of writers and
    commoners, with nothing but the will to overcome hate and make the
    Earth a peaceful planet. But we will win; because love is more
    powerful than hate and truth is mightier than all the lies

Do you think this is correct ? I'm not to sure.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Nope. I think hate is much stronger.

• shamus
    shamus

Are you talking about the Crisis in the middle east, or which is stronger: love or hate?

Love is stronger than hate.

If you want me to comment on the Middle East, forget it. I am not of their religion or nationality and it would be stupid to even put an opinion out there. f

I should maybe start a thread like "The Middle East! Ignorant Comments Welcome!"... LOL!

• Hamas
    Hamas

Screw the Middle East man !

This is a war between love and hate.

• shamus
    shamus

Mkay.

Under certain circumstances, hate is stronger than love. If someone were to murder your son, you would hate that person, no matter what. There is no such thing as loving your enemies... give me a break. How the hell can you love someone like that?

Love is stronger than hate when it comes to things like dealing with your spouse, kids, etc. You can put up with a lot of b.s. for a lot of years before you've had enough.

Do you agree, Hammas? (OMG, a logical thought from me..)

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

reasons and effects )
    Example : hope about love or hate can kill now it depends which one have more value for the one who's got the feeling at the moment.

But anyway hate is stupide it only leads to bad (both sides). That is why we need justice/balance for everyone

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Shamus:

Under certain circumstances, hate is stronger than love. If someone were to murder your son, you would hate that person, no matter what. There is no such thing as loving your enemies... give me a break. How the hell can you love someone like that?

Except that I've seen people who claim to be Christian, who are sometimes on news magazine interviews on TV, forgive a person who is serving a prison sentence for killing, raping, or whatever crime to a loved one/family member they have/had. I suppose it's love that is causing them to forgive. So in that case, love would be stronger.

Not that I could ever forgive someone for harming one of my family

• rocketman
    rocketman

Hard to say. Both have relative strengths, I guess. But if love doesn't win out ultimately, you're screwed, I guess.

• Perry
    Perry

I guess that since those are mostly human emotions that the answer isn't as simple as an either or. Isn't it more of a philosophical question that people have struggled to define and to locate within themselves for eons?

Considering our vast ability to have a substatial hand in our own creation as engaging adults, one could even look at this question..... as an answer.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Love is the strongest.

People are drawn to love like a moth to the flame. Hate devides and conquers and destroys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit