Where does WT get their money?

by Dreamerdude 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana
    A snare and a racket, a racket and a snare.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Phizzy - "...I think there comes a 'tipping point' where the Org is in trouble. This may be some way off..."

I don't think it's that far off. :smirk:

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

What I would like to know is what WT SPENDS money on, specifics, not general headings like missionary work or similar, actual expenses of the hierarchy, legal costs, and consultants fees?

• Lieu
    Lieu

Who knows LostanfFound.

It isn't for any "world wide work". The publishers are doing the "work" world wide ( in retrospect, they ARE the world wide work) but I haven't heard of monies being given to Congregations where members may be in dire need of monetary help.

Weird how they discourage buying a new house or car so close to "the end" while they're out buying/building new HQs and other large aquisitions.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    I think they've been saving a ton of money since cutting back in printing. Everyone uses tablets now. That's the new fad. They barely have to publish anything.

Dreamer - I'm not sure if they send money to HQ. I'd say it's very likely. Although, Romania is a relatively small country in the grand scheme of things and they won't be making impressive sums of money from just below 40,000 publishers. Growth is also at a standstill. They probably do make a few million euro in profit which goes to HQ but I think they also reinvest their money into the real estate business. It's their biggest money maker here.

Take for example the local KH in our town. Huge multiple story house bought by my parents along a small group of other JWs in the early 90s. A lot of money was invested by the locals into renovations. When the local group finally became a congregation officially, the Watchtower took ownership. Now it's worth at least 200-300 grand in euro. A 98 year old brother died recently. Donated his house and all he had to the Watchtower. Another couple hundred grand there as well. So, they have more than half a million Euro in real estate assets only in our small town. I think this is pretty much the case for every European country. Donations might not be making much money, but real estate is making them a fortune.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Freddo, it's sick how they get people to leave their assets to WT when they die. Those assets should go to family and people around them whoare needy.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Lieu, the real estate fraud is awful. They take and take and don't give anything in return but false hope and maybe bragging rights in a few cases.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Lost and found, I'm sure there is a large budget for travel, to send the big shots around the world. There also seems to be plenty of money for JWTV and luxury accommodations for the heavies at HQ, related to what lieu said.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Cookie master, thanks for the case study from your town. WT really hit the jackpot with the 98 year old publisher. There must be 100s, maybe thousands like him every year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit