Where does WT get their money?

by Dreamerdude 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

I assume they get most of it from cash donations and assets left in wills. There may also be some income from invested assets. I guess they get a lot of money from old JWs who die childless or with only df'd kids.

Geographically I assume they get it mostly from a few countries that have many publishers and strong economies. They recently published their top 6 publisher countries:

1) US

2)Mexico

3) Brazil

4) Nigeria

5) Italy

6) Japan

I am sure the US makes up 50% of their income. Mexico, Brazil, and Nigeria are almost surely money losers, maybe even money pits. I don't think the Italians earn much profit, if any. I'll bet that Japan is number two in profits, with their super branch. I guess Germany is next with their super branch. I think the UK and and Canada turn sizable profits. Australia was profitable, even with their small population, at least until ARC.
    Here is my guess about profits:

1) US 50%

2) Japan 18%

3) Germany 16%

4) UK (known to the stupid Borg as Britain) 10%

5) Canada 6%

6) Australia?

My impression is that the rest of the world either breaks even or loses money for the Borg. The case of India, which I read about here, is a funny case where the India branch has to beg Indian expats to donate from overseas, with copies of their passports.

What are your thoughts? I hope I have not exposed my poor accounting skills. Please take easy on me, since this is my first post of intended substance. I hope awake people in these rich countries can help dry up the funds to this lousy "charity".

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Sorry for the lousy formatting. Not sure what I did wrong.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    I guess they call them "lands", which baffles me as much as it did Angus Stewart.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I like your post. Nice thoughts and I agree with the U.S being the cash cow for the org. And I think there are a lot of people who are no longer donating in the U.S. anymore either. That's why there well is drying up.

Too bad.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Level, I hope you are right. I am trying to understand how the money men and lawyers who run the WT think. They must be considering their revenue streams closely, unless they are as foolish as Lett makes them seem, not really understanding what's flowing in and what's flowing out.

The US has a history of indulging cults, though, so Americans might be more generous, and for longer. This country has supported the likes of Puritans, Anabaptists, Quakers, Shakers, Mormons, Adventists, and Scientologists as well. It's the land of the free, in which some religions use their religious freedoms to take people captive. It's also the land of the brave, where people can stand up for their freedom.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Doesn`t a lot of their money come straight from the sale of Real Estate that they own ?

Prime real Estate in NYC , Bethels , Branch Offices around the world , Kingdom halls that are built by volunteer labour and then sold off for profit , amalgamation of other KH,`s .

And let`s not forget the wiping of loan arrangements from the table that would have been paid off in a few years or more and then pledging that same amount of money to be paid to W.T. HQ for eternity or Armageddon , whichever comes first.

smiddy

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Yes, that's quite a racket. Get other people to build it, then sell it for 100% profit.
  • cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think most Western countries they're present in, turn a profit. The US of course has over a million publishers, hundreds of thousands that probably donate and tens of billions in real estate. Other Western countries have much smaller JW populations, so they're probably only a fraction of the income brought by the US, but they're still profitable. Going by the reports, here in Romania they get quite a nice profit. All conventions seem to be making money. KHs have lots of money. They also seem to have tens of millions in real estate throughout the country. Just in this circuit they have all sorts of assembly halls and kingdom halls in cities where they can easily be sold for millions each to all sorts of corporate businesses. All build with free slave labor, of course.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know they are not getting anything from me. Nothing. Instead, I have the rule that if there is money for joke-hova, there is money for me to buy silver instead. I keep the silver.

Hopefully, that also goes for children not being allowed to have an ice cream cone.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

CooKiemaster, thanks for the information from Romania. I wonder how many countries are self sufficient like Romania. Maybe they reinvest the money within the country and send some of the profit to HQ to be used by poor countries where they have a deficit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit