My conversation with my pioneer mother

by caligirl 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caligirl
    caligirl

As Freedom96 noted on an earlier post, my mother is in town. We have had a situation this week concerning his son, which he well elaborate on at a later date, and I don?t feel it is my place to relay the story first. Suffice to say for the moment that we are both hurting immensely from what has been said, and it has brought on some pretty strong emotions.

Edited because apparently, the rest of my post failed to appear here. Sorry! Let's try again.

Sorry if I jump around, but everything is kind of jumbled for me this week. To condense the intro, what happened with my stepson this week caused me to feel compelled to have it out with my mother (in a respectful manner) as to why I don?t subscribe to the witness point of view. We have always had a ?don?t ask, don?t tell? approach to the whole thing. I have never before told her that I think it is crap. I know that there are those here that might disagree, but I have tried to subscribe to the point of view that she is an adult and free to make her own choices, just as I am. ?Live and let live? if you will.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I haven't seen the earlier post but I hope things work out for you. Sounds serious.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

((((( CALI )))))

You know that we're thinking of you and the family back here in your old stomping ground !

RGW

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Freedom and Cali:

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Is there any way we can help?

Expatbrit

• caligirl
    caligirl

Continued again, because I can't get the first post to accept the whole thing for some reason.

The conversation lasted about 3 hours and I basically went all out. Because of being emotionally charged, I didn?t stick to one subject but bombarded her with everything from Vicki Boers experience to blood. I told her that their interpretations did not add up to me even as a teenager and that I had done the research and come to the conclusion that it was not the true religion. She replied that she had done research and concluded that it was. I essentially told her that researching in the WT publications alone really didn?t count because in no way does that count as unbiased info. In order examine whether or not what you are being told in true, it is necessary to examine arguments from both sides, for and against.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I told her that I thought CT Russell was a whack job (yes, in those words) and that if they really had god?s backing at any point in the process, policies that affected 6 million people would not be decided with 2/3 majority vote because the G.B. members would all be receiving the same information and would all be in agreement to start with, leaving no need to ?vote? on it.

• caligirl
    caligirl

aarrgh! Why can't I get this to post!!!??

• caligirl
    caligirl

I told her that the example of the sailboat tacking in the wind was a ludicrous illustration to explain the light getting brighter. I told her the light was blinking, not getting brighter. A sailboat tacking in the wind actually makes forward progress.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Even if you have to use all 40 posts I hope you get it out Cali. I'm sorry for what you had to deal with!

~Aztec

• jwbot
    jwbot

I will check back on this thread...hopefully you get all your story out! Best of luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit